Tuesday, February 04, 2014

CNY 2014

In what would be my last CNY receiving angbao, I took special effort to ‘living in the moment’ and observing my extended family members. Am very happy most relatives made the trip down to gather during this annual festival! :)

So the weekend allowed my family and I to spend 3 full days at my hometown with my favourite people. Here are some things I observed:



  •  Everyone’s favourite activity upon reaching a new place – connecting to WiFi. Seriously?! 
  • Delighted that the wives and daughter-in-laws are all great chefs and bakers! Really enjoyed every traditional CNY dish and CNY cookie!
  • It’s really relaxing to let the grown-ups take over, from organizing of accommodation and cooking of meals, to driving and photo-taking 
  • People look the most ecstatic when doing jump shots - Wu family members are all food lovers and one crazy bunch 
  • Time passes really fast when you’re having fun 
  • Bidding farewell is the hardest thing to do...


Missing the hearty laughter of my huge family. Looking forward to seeing everyone again really soon! JJ



.

No comments:

Post a Comment

👓

And so, the inevitable... She was very looking forward to it.