Thursday, July 19, 2007

18th July!!! 2nd ORD!!!

This is the day... final day of work on my contract! Have I been looking forward so much to this day since weeks ago!

My friends and I went to Washington DC on Monday. The place is so beautiful! The museums are artistically designed, the buildings are awesome and the memorials and monuments so grand. Seriously, it would take days to look at the whole area. We followed the bus organised by our employer and decided to spend a night there so we could continue exploring the next day. We only had time to see abit of the Natural History Musuem, White House, Holocaust Museum because most of them close at around 5.30pm! The White House was just as what you'd see in movies, but the fence surrounding it prevented nicer photos.

We took a cab to our hotel that night after a sumptous dinner at a Chinese restaurant at Chinatown. I had beef tendon noodles!!

Anyway we woke up very early on Tuesday because in order to go up the Washington Monument, one has to queue to take tickets as early as 7am!!! There were some delays and we could only reach there at 9.30am, but luckily we got tickets to go up the monument at 1.30pm. We then walked to Lincoln Memorial, Jefferson Memorial and took plenty of photos!! (I'll show u guys some pics when I can, okay? I'm so sorry for the last few boring picture-less entries!) The Washington Monument was simply awesome. It's the world's tallest free standing structure, which means it has nothing holding it to the ground! From up there we relished at the aerial views of the entire place and wowed at the city plan. We also saw the Pentagon in the distance!

After that we explored the Capitol area, library and back to the Natural History Museum because all of us thought it was the most interesting. However time was still a limiting factor and we had to take the bus back already...

____________________________________________________________

It has been a pretty awesome experience working here. Not only have I learnt to adapt to the new environment, I also realised how hard money comes by! Seriously! I think like at least thrice for every dollar spent. Last by not least, the many wonderful friendships I have found here leave so much memories behind.

Air tickets - $1600
Security deposit - $100
Uniform - $25
Memories in Usa - Priceless.

_____________________________________________________________

Tonight's gonna be a busy night! Gotta wash clothes, stuff everything into my luggages and bags, take photos with my many new friends here, etc etc. Though I know it'd be tiring, I know it's all gonna be worth it because it's cool to have friends in your life. =)

1 comment:

  1. ooooo so envious! you got to visit so many nice places!!

    must show pic ok!

    ReplyDelete

👓

And so, the inevitable... She was very looking forward to it.