Tuesday, June 09, 2009

THE ANXIOUS WAIT IS OVER! I GOT IT!!!!

YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES !!!!!









HAHAHHAHA.

The much anticipated results has arrived... much like a scene:

In the dawn hours during a period of stillness and chill, suddenly the sun's golden warm rays pierces up from behind the horizon, illuminating the dawn sky and warming the earth and atmosphere... a knight in shiny gold armour appears from the horizon, galiantly riding a divine-white stallion across the plains.




I am very honoured and very pleased to be selected for the s-m-r-t Manag*ment Train*e Programme!



Me and Myself is feeling: in high spirits, satisfied, blessed, blest, blissful, blithe, can't complain, captivated, cheerful, chipper, chirpy, content, contented, convivial, delighted, ecstatic, elated, exultant, flying high, gay, glad, gleeful, gratified, intoxicated, jolly, joyful, joyous, jubilant, laughing, light, lively, looking good, merry, mirthful, on cloud nine*, overjoyed, peaceful, peppy, perky, playful, pleasant, pleased, sparkling, sunny, thrilled, tickled, tickled pink, up, upbeat, walking on air!!!



I still think those are understatements to my exact feelings.

It may sound exaggerated, but the past few days for me were torturous. I couldn't sleep properly - I have had dreams of getting/not getting the job. And yesterday night, I woke up at 6am because I was too worried during sleep. I tried to urge myself back to sleep but all the way till 8.37am, I was drifting in and out of sleep... In my dreams I saw the record book with applicant names and their status, I also dreamt that I was selected but had to go through another round of interview.

That's how anxious I was!



I am really really ecstatic now.

And thinking back...

I've got Irritating Ivan to thank.

It was him that we went to the NUS Career Fair together, and we were just happily walking around when he said he's going to look up a friend at SMRT's booth. I followed.

I didn't even speak to the lady. I merely stood a distance away from them, then she mentioned about SMRT's Management Trainee Programme. I submitted my resume.

And
who
would
have
thought
that
seemingly
small
action
would
be
a
life-
changing
one?

And a highly positive one at it?


I have plenty more to thank... apart from the priceless support from my family and friends, I want to express my gratitude towards the Management and HR of SMRT, from processing the admin, invitation for the briefing session, rescheduling my interview (since I was away at Vietnam), to most importantly, for providing me with this wonderful, excellent, marvellous opportunity to be a part of SMRT.


I like their Management Trainee Programme. It is well structured, comprises excellent training and promises bright future prospects. I will enjoy working for SMRT because of its healthy and friendly company culture. Have I said yet, it is my ideal career path?



A few months ago I had decided to forgo $20,000 (that is an obscene amount of cash. and it. is. cpf. and. tax. free.) at another job, because I really wanted a job at which I would ENJOY what I am doing. Now that I find myself where I am, I do not regret that decision. Like what Irritating Ivan says, if you have the passion and the desire, and strive towards it, you will find the path you want to be on.

Thank you!!!! =D

Thank you very much!!! Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

👓

And so, the inevitable... She was very looking forward to it.