Friday, October 23, 2009

interesting random chats

Today was a day of interesting short chats with strangers.


1) At City Hall

This roughly 50-year-old auntie came up to me and spoke. Upon that, I realised she's a tourist from China. She asked for instructions towards the "榴莲壳" (durian shell).

2) At Raffles Place

I was helping out at SMRT's Blood Mobile Drive when I saw this lanky male looking interestedly at the blood donation stand-up banner. He looked European-ish.

So I approached him, "Can I help you, Sir? =)"

He replied, "I'm just looking at this..."

I probed, "Have you given blood before? =)"





"I'm a gay person..."




HA.

Was quite taken aback at his outrightness and honesty! He explained that back in Netherlands they don't accept blood from gays? So he was reading the banner to understand if Singapore has such regulations.

Later at night, I learnt from Busy Roy that in Netherlands, they legalise gay marriage. HMMM! OIC.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Using LinkedIn like social media

Some people more active on LinkedIn than on Facebook.