Monday, June 17, 2013

Deja vu

From dictionary.com:

dé·jà vu

noun
1.
Psychology . the illusion of having previously experienced something actually being encountered for the first time.
_____________________________________
I have frequent deja-vus. How I experience them - suddenly a tingling sensation would shoot through my nervous system, my pupils will dilate, skin pores expand and hair will stand. It's like, I've been here before. Haven't I seen this place before? Okay, I know what's gonna happen next!
It's a really peculiar, bizarre feeling. It's a very familiar sight/scene/hearing... from my past dreams. I have not done research as to why humans do experience deja vus, but a part of me believes in fate - our paths have long been crafted out by destiny. Hence, our souls have travelled to the future and seen and experienced a short snapshot of it, and it is only a matter of time before it really happens.
And that, is my deja vu.
People can't prove whether their deja vus are real; neither can they prove to others that they have indeed, dreamt of the scene before.
So I'm gonna make an effort to note down every memorable dream I had (of course, only those realistic ones and not those of me flying, stepping on thin air, being late for exams, being chased by monsters, etc), and these entries are going to be my evidence, some day in the near future.
Anyway, have you realised that once you wake up, you will have an immediate recollection of a dream you just had? That's when it's the most vivid. However, once you brush up and head to work... an hour later, you will have zero recollection of it. Interesting, isn't it?
________________________________________
Deja vu:
Date: About a week ago....
Dream: Family gathering over a dinner with my paternal relatives and we shared 2 tables. Wenkang and Amber were eating huge, steamed prawns and then 叔母 (wife of Uncle Ah Nga) dished out steamed crabs!

No comments:

Post a Comment

👓

And so, the inevitable... She was very looking forward to it.