Tuesday, July 16, 2013

2 weeks ago, I had set up a small test for my staff. If the event they did not pass the test, the would-be consequences are not detrimental, it would just be a small test to observe their level of understanding, whether they would follow/overlook simple instructions.

Usually, before any event, I would send a gentle reminder a few days before. However, I intentionally stayed silent this time round.

Today, 30 mins after the event was scheduled to start, I received a call mentioning no one had turned up.

I'm utterly disappointed.

Don't understand why some people can't comprehend simple instructions or questions. And I promise, I don't use flowery language and my messages are concise and succinct.

This is just one of out many examples.

Do I have to spoon feed them every time? Why do I have to chase after them for every single simple thing I ask for? Wish they'd take more ownership of their areas and not irresponsibly conveniently forget.

I'm starting to get increasing comments along the line of "you look more matured than your age", and I wonder why.

No comments:

Post a Comment

👓

And so, the inevitable... She was very looking forward to it.