Friday, February 19, 2016

Confirmed

Attending a 10-course productivity lesson

So I’m 12 months into my job and it means my ‘probation’ period has ended.  Yup, just heard from HR that I am confirmed, yay!

(but no pay increment hor)


I still feel noobish in this company. Other than my own Div, I know little about what other Divs do or the colleagues from there. There was a 3-day orientation programme for new staff which I had attended; but I felt that it wasn’t particularly useful in the acceleration of my knowing what the other departments do… I mean, we sat through powerpoint slides, received briefings from personnel whose body language hinted that they preferred to be in office doing work. Moreover, the content is very superficial and high-level, theoretical segments were not useful at helping me grasp what they really do. Thus I came to appreciate how privileged I was as a $SMRT MTs – to be involved in attachments ranging from 3 day to 2 weeks in ALL BUs, shaking hands and having luncheons with senior management, attending intensive brain-washing sessions of VMCV, experiencing behind-the-scenes of pway maintenance, bus morning despatch and OCC control etc. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Done this, done that, yet?

It's 2.57am Tuesday and my mind is still freaking thinking about work and whether my somewhat happy-go-lucky colleague is following up c...