Tuesday, February 27, 2018

Funny things Yx say

23 Feb 18
Had the afternoon off and brought Yx for a bus ride and to the OTH library! While at the library she peered out of the glass window and onto the road below.

Yx: "I see a bus on the ...."

(Thoughtful look)
She asked me: "'马路'英文是什么?"

Me: "Road."

Yx continues: "I see a bus on the road."

Towards bilingualism, my girl!



26 Feb 18
Yx super loves food now, especially cookies. Since it's the CNY season our house is stacked with CNY cookies, and we let her try nibbles of them. Yx absolutely loves them, always clambering up and asking for a bite when she sees us eating.

So yesterday I was snacking on pineapple tarts and she ran towards me and asked to have some. When she's in this mood she's easily bribed so I usually take the opportunity to reiterate what she has learnt e.g. chinese poem, zodiac animals, modes of transportation, etc. Armed with a pineapple tart within her sight, I asked her:

"Do you want this? Say 'A to Z' first."

Yx, totally meaning it"A to Z."

My parents and I LMAO! 


About 2 months ago
(At my in laws' place)

Me to Yx: "We are leaving now, say bye bye to Popo."

Yx says softly and not looking in the direction of Popo: "Bye bye~"

Me to Yx: "讲大大声! (Say loudly!)"

Yx obeys, looking at Popo this time: "大大声! (Loudly!)"


Other things she learnt from school

- As tall as giraffe, as short as dwarf
- The word 'pattern'
- Songs like "Jump jump in this way", "I need to wash my hands", "Hokey Pokey" etc.
- Mimicking her teacher; "Sit down, I will catch you!", "Children, read this book."

My dear wyx, 2 years 5 months, still impressing and making us laugh everyday :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

👓

And so, the inevitable... She was very looking forward to it.