Monday, April 22, 2019

Proud moment of 2019

Sleepy look cos woke up early.

Prize award ceremony for an annual competition organised by WSHC for the 11th year running.

Total of 1,401 entries received and I got a Silver award!
National level award leh, don't pray pray!


Actually didn't think I'd win. I submitted an entry because the first few entries would receive $10 voucher lol (#yesIamcheapskate). But well, I have always enjoyed writing poems (and think I have a flair in). As I drafted my submission, I felt a stronger and stronger desire to do it well. I desired to pen down the challenges and safety hazards my ex-team of technicians face at work everyday - and if my poem was selected as a winner, I would be able to share it as general awareness to the public, so as to educate them to be more appreciate of the efficiency of public transport, and the hard work that goes on behind the scenes. And I know them best, having being at the helm for a number of years at $MRT, and not forgetting my ground experience of being a technician myself during NS.

Would have loved for my family to be present to witness my proud moment, but to reach Gardens by the Bay East by 8.30am on a Saturday was too early. Lucky they didn't, cos it rained during the event and the shuttle bus service was badly coordinated I had to step in... anyway. Am $1k richer, yay :)

If you'd like to read my winning entry:




If you'd like more info on the competition:
https://www.wshc.sg/wps/portal/!ut/p/a1/04_Sj9CPykssy0xPLMnMz0vMAfGjzOJ9_E1MjByDDbzdPUIMDRyNfA08QsyNDYPNTIAKInErcA4zJk6_AQ7gaEBIf7h-FD4lYBeAFeCxwks_Kj0nPwns3UjHvCRji3T9qKLUtNSi1CK90iKgcEZJSUGxlaqBqkF5ebleen5-ek6qXnJ-rqoBNi0Z-cUl-hGoKvULckMjDLJMc8p8HBUBf10x_A!!/dl5/d5/L2dBISEvZ0FBIS9nQSEh/?action=cmsPublicView&cmsId=C-2014091001125&tabId=C-2014091101303




No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm scared to turn old.