Monday, August 24, 2020

Gadget upgrades! (bye $$$)

 When too much of WFH takes the toll, retail therapy is the way to go! :D

Introducing my purchases on gadgets in the month of Aug 2020 alone:


1) Tablet with sleeve

This is mainly to aid wifey's reading for her post dip studies. This sells for $198 at major retailers but only $180 on Shopee. Furthermore, I utilized vouchers and took opportunity of the NDP promotion and got it cheaper - $188 with sleeve.

2) Home TV

Actually I've always been very satisfied with my TV. It was bought in 2014 from Mega Discount store, a Samsung 46" LED for $880. Basically no complaints la, pic sound display apps all working good all these years.


Until Covid-19 pandemic struck which forced us to spend more time at work. I found myself entertained by Netflix shows and would spend 1-3 hours every night on it. And then eye green green liao lor, noticed how come other ppl's TV got super HD whereas mine looks pale and blurry. So I began to read up on several brands and listed my TV on Carou$ell - was I shocked to receive multiple offers of $250 for a 6-year second hand TV?! I sell my current TV so will need a new one, right? I was THIS close to getting a local-made Prism 55" @ $499, until I read numerous negative reviews on HDZ forum...! 

So fate had it that Busy Roys was working at Samsung and could get electronics at staff prices, I enquired the latest 55" UHD, 2020 model which was retailing at $1,099 at major retailers...

Got it @ $796 inclusive of delivery and tabletop set up!!! How not to get it right...?! Besides the cost, one of the considerations I chose Samsung over Prism was that the former could garner a high 2nd-hand value. In fact, I sold my 46" on Carou$ell for wait-for-it - $280!!!

Totally awed by the ultra clear display, vivid colours and speedy quad-core processor. I joked to RMJ that I feel a status change to "high SES" with this TV... hahahaha. Even wifey, who was initially questioning the need to change TV, was blown away by the significant upgrade. Since we're spending hours on the TV every night, I think this has got to be the best decisions ever!

3) Mobile phone

22 months into my CIS plan. I planned to recontract and get the Huawei P30 Pro, and pass my P20 to wifey to use (since her xiaomi pocophone like quite cui liao). Until I received feedback that the huawei cam isn't the best... Actually there's no 1 phone in the market which I am very gian, and my existing 2yo Huawei P20 Pro is still in brand new condition, so I decided to continue using it, and sell off the sealed Samsung phone for a profit.

Paid $898 for the preorder of Samsung's latest Note 20 Ultra 5G and got it delivered to my doorstep in 2 weeks.

Carou$ell is the best app man!!! While one of the major hp giants Hitec is offering only $1520 for the set and the ear buds, I sold it for $1560 excluding the ear buds! 

------------------------------------

Summary of the cash flow:

Accounts paid: 188 + 796 + 898 = $1,882

Accounts received: 280 + 1560 = $1,840.

Nett = ($42).

Apart from the shiokness of using the new gadgets, I also derived extreme joy knowing I got those items on a steal. Hahaha =D

------------------

Update:

Dug out and sold off our old game consoles PS1, PS2 and Sega game cartridges. Holy moly OLD IS GOLD!!!

Update 2:

In line with the August Gagdet theme, we sold off our preloved Tefal City Space vacuum cleaner for a cordless Karcher! Got a massive massive discount courtesy of my brother who is an employee. Big big wins!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm scared to turn old.