Monday, May 17, 2021

If you love wasabi, you'll enjoy...

... having your nose swabbed for the covid-19 test!


That was how I felt when I had my virgin test done on 14 May. I didn't come into close contact with C+ cases but due to the recent surge in community cases from the airport cluster, MOH announced that everyone who were at T3 from whichever date can go for free swab tests. And my co policy made it mandatory. So I gave my "first time" an auntie nurse at Tampines St 11 clinic.

Sharing some tips to make the swab more comfortable: 

- Breathe normally. In fact, don't clench your nose because if you do, your nostrils are smaller and that grips onto the cotton bud thingy tighter, causing more discomfort;

- Close eyes, relax. While my first nostril was being rubbed, my eyes started tearing. Exactly how it feels when you eat sushi with a huge dollop of wasabi and the  choking sensation surges up your olfactory receivers. 

======

So anyway my swab test result came back 1 day later on a Saturday (how efficient is Singapore?). One could view your result via HealthHub app (how connected is Singapore?). My result was negative. Phew.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Using LinkedIn like social media

Some people more active on LinkedIn than on Facebook.