Tuesday, June 29, 2021

Part 2 - polyclinic vaccination

They had done an investigation and interview with the nurse. The manager acknowledged that it was a lapse on the nurse’s part and apologised on her behalf. It was established that the nurse was not new nor unfamiliar with child vaccinations; on the contrary she is quite experienced and thus has little or no reason to have been lax with the procedures. The manager also shared that the nurse felt really sorry about it and requested to apologise personally to me, but the idea was turned down as it was not in line with the company’s policies (and I can understand).

I explained to the manager that the purpose of my feedback was not to cause trouble for the nurse, and that I don’t wish to affect her salary or morale either; whereas my good intention was to bring up my unfortunate experience as an oversight (on the nurse and their management), so that future newbie parents would not be discounted nor disadvantaged. Finally, I thanked the manager for her empathy and the excellent service recovery.

I’m really glad I put my doubts to rest with my feedback and the call from the manager. Hope that future patients will benefit from the improved level of service from the nurse and support system.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Using LinkedIn like social media

Some people more active on LinkedIn than on Facebook.