Wednesday, August 04, 2021

I needed this run

Felt really suffocated after 2 weeks of Phase 2HA (the second time) and having wfh for many months now. I tried to internalize the reason why I am feeling the way I am but couldn't quite fathom - you see, I have a fulfilling job, company at home and I see my other family members every other day? Hell, last week we even asked my sis to babysit for a couple of hours while wifey and I took a breather and had an enjoyable chit chat session at lion's house. This period, I found myself putting more hours into work (voluntarily). When I was not in front of the computer, I was either with the kids and after they're asleep, the TV is my company. Gosh, this predictability of every day, mundane lifestyle and unexciting state of limbo really left me unmotivated, restless and impatient. I told my wife that I actually feel good when working because it's what gives me a sense of achievement and makes me feel fulfilled. 

So I went for a jog tonight late night. I was lucky that Jx joined as well. We chatted, laughed, perspired, panted, heart raced and competed. Ended the night by the roadside, drinking coconut water and chit chatted. It was just what I needed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Using LinkedIn like social media

Some people more active on LinkedIn than on Facebook.