Wednesday, December 20, 2023

Dad's stir fry beef with special sauce

When my siblings and I were younger, when mom was away, my dad would at times take over the kitchen. Granted he's not as good a chef as my mom (whose standards are sky high for the record) but he dished up yummy meals (usually 1 pot meal for convenience) and being health conscious, dad would usually ensure there is lots of vegetables. One of our favourites is dad's stir fry beef with kailan flower (θŠ₯ε…°θŠ±), its gravy we would never fail to savour with whatever rice is left in our bowls. 

Context: Mom and sis are at Penang for holiday. This afternoon my phone beeped:

NO WAY I WAS GONNA SAY NO TO STIR FRY BEEF! And "special sauce", LOL πŸ˜‚

----

Later, served promptly at 7pm:


Interestingly, dad did 3 dishes:
1. Stir fry beef with french beans 
2. Stir fry kailan (according to mom, this is Cantonese style as there was both ginger and garlic); and
3. Fried egg (should have taken a pic).
We contributed ABC soup that was very delicious too!

It was a very hearty and wholesome meal. Needless to say, I finished all the rice with the beef gravy. πŸ˜ŠπŸ˜‹ I'm glad my dad at 73yo is still able and capable of whipping up a decent meal, and I am glad my children got a taste of their grandfather's cooking... :)

Edit: After dinner, my dad also cut orange and served it to the girls! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Using LinkedIn like social media

Some people more active on LinkedIn than on Facebook.