Saturday, August 30, 2008

RSAF Open House '08

Venue: Paya Lebar Air Base

I think it's my first time at its open house, this year celebrating it's 40th anniversary of protecting Singapore skies. Actually I don't appreciate army army stuffs, but I went along to accompany my dad, who is an avid aeroplane enthusiast.

When the shuttle bus from Eunos took us there, we went through security gates and walked into the vast air strip. My first steps on this piece of land and the awesome wide horizon made me realise there is such a humongous plot of land in paya lebar?? Haha.

As you might have guessed, what were at the open house were exhibitions, air craft static displays, booths showcasing technological advancements etc etc, but I think the highlight had to be the aerial displays. We were treated to thirty minutes of a mock air defence show, which boasted the powerful supersonic F16 and F5 fighter jets, versatile Apache Helicopters, elite Commandos absailing down Super Puma, and the super brakes of the C-130 plane. We also saw 3rd line of air defence systems, which are the less wow-factor anti aircraft guns. The audience was treated to many stunts and aerial capabilities of the various planes and I was quite impressed by the cheoreography and neat storyline.

After the aerial display my dad and I quickly walked into the mainstage where they would be choosing lucky participants for once-in-a-lifetime rides in their various airplanes including the C-130, Chinook and Piper Warriors. As many as 28 coupons were drawn for the C-130, but in our hearts my dad and I had known that all along in our life, we have never won any lucky draw. -_-

We left quite disappointedly to view the static displays. Below are some shots...




























Above: Black Knight pilots. Zoe Tay's husband is also a pilot of that plane?





























I had queued up for 15 mins to get into the helicopter for a picture. Whilst in it, I had too enthusiastically asked the pilot too many questions, that I had to be prompted out by another for the others behind me. Haha. Paiseh~




______________________________________________________

And guess who was the special guest for the event! :P




Jessica Liu!!!

She looks VERY PRETTY in person! Very tall and slim and charismatic!!! Hehe. Besides giving away prizes to a few special participants, she sang a couple of songs as well. Unfortunately for her, during the start of the second song, there was a technical glitch with the speakers and it was quite obvious that the music had voice accompaniment... so heh heh, we all knew.

Nonetheless seeing her up close was a great way to end off our day and so my dad and I returned home with tired legs but much gleeful mood. :)

To end off, I shall post a few of my favourite photos!

Don't you think she looks abit like Stefanie Sun here?





No comments:

Post a Comment

👓

And so, the inevitable... She was very looking forward to it.