Thursday, April 09, 2009

Tampines ONEEEEEEEEEEEEE 111111111111

(This post is also meant for Busy Roys, who would most definitely appreciate some updates on his friendly neighbourhood!)

(Ok fine, what is tampines1 as compared to staying in an igloo, riding on a dog sled and witnessing the rare northern lights??!?!? FINE!!!! I hate u, Busy Roys)

I woke up excitedly because it is the opening day of the much awaited TAMPINES 1 !!!



Grand.



My virgin steps into Tampines 1 !!! I am the first 500 to step into it!!! (safe assumption)

























6 exciting storeys to explore!!! 2 wings!!!





Rooftop open space! Wonder what's its supposed to do. For smokers I guess. Could be used to hold future exhibitions? tentage? pasar malam? But it's damn hot up here, all the trapped heat! I thought Tampines1 would have a rooftop garden or similar, with the recent global focus on environmental responsibility and green buildings, but nah.



Manpuku - Japanese Gourmet Town. Huge crowd checking it out, apparently they are giving away 50% discount vouchers! They have a huge full height display of mock food - which looks really realistic and appetizing already.



Auntie Anne's! Blur bee's favourite pretzels. I love their cinnamon sugar. It's good that they finally decided to open one at Tampines!
























And Carl's Jr as well!! Finally an outlet at Tampines! It settled my lunch. =D

























My new love - Chilli Cheeseburger. And I tried their jalepenos hot pepper at the snacks corner - DAMN HOT!!!!! It's BURNING HOT one!!!!! But damn SHIOK!!!!!

=D

Well, inside Tampines 1, I observed that the shops at level 4 mostly sell electronics stuffs, level 5 was occupied by foot massage parlours, spas, manicure shops etc, basement was FOOOOD...

But the highlight of Tampines 1 had to be...




None other than!









UNIQLO!!!!!



The no.1 casual wear brand in Japan, whose owner is the wealthiest man in Japan.

Their products are of "better quality at Giordano prices", and their line of designs of UT (Uniqlo-Tee) run for only a limited time and do not repeat.



JUST CHECK OUT THE CROWD!!! NEED TO QUEUE TO GET IN!!! THE QUEUE STRETCHED ALL THE WAY FROM OUTSIDE THE SHOP TO THE CORRIDOR LEADING TO THE TOILET, AND U-TURNING BACK!!! TOTALLY CRAZY!!!

AND IT'S ONLY THURSDAY AFTERNOON?!??!







Being one who had desired to own one UT for himself, I joined the queue and surprisingly it moved fast and I got in within 15 mins? Some of the Uniqlo employees are authentic Japanese who bowed to greet!

Ahhhhh. Huge variety and brilliant colours and trendy designs to match everyone's fashion taste.



Uniqlo opening promotion: 9 Apr - 19 Apr. UT going for $19.90 (instead of $24.90) and Denim $49.90.

There are soooooooo many designs and colours to be fascinated at, and I seriously thought they were very affordable. Their polo shirts are only $29.90! They also have a LARGE variety of boxer shorts to choose from, 2 for only $9.90!!! And the ladies section filled more than half the shop space, I estimated.

(visited Springfield and Topman later, and the price difference was shockingly %!#!@%)

(why would anyone, in the right sense of mind, throw $49.90 for a not very impressive looking Springfield T-shirt?! you so rich, gimme some money to buy chicken wings la. DOTZ!)



After spending like 1 hour inside Uniqlo, this was my purchase!
























Only 2 (L) sizes remaining!

Tokion is a fashion magazine based in New York. Okay la, I agree it's not VERY MUST-BUY kind of nice, but I think the quality is worth the price. =D

____________________________________________________

After a day of exploring the newly opened shopping mall, Tampines 1, I should say I felt some sort of disappointed! There aren't as many shops as I would have expected of it, although there is a very big variety of food outlets to choose from, from food court to Chinese restaurant to Carls Jr, Auntie Anne's, to Mr Bean and Taiwanese snacks. The good thing is there are a number of specialty shops such as selling cutie stuffs, action city, japanese food products. But I think the arcade was pathetically small -_-.

Moreover, I felt Tampines 1 failed to include entertainment facilities which would most, most, most definitely have attracted HUMONGOUS CROWDS:

K-box and bowling lah! The nearest k-outlet is at Pasir Ris, bowling at Safra! The Tampines youngsters are CRAVVVVVVVVVING for them! They need them to be at Tampines!!!

/me feels disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Using LinkedIn like social media

Some people more active on LinkedIn than on Facebook.