Sunday, March 14, 2010

Yesterday I met up with some of my ME frens - Frankenstein Fab, Irritating Ivan, Ludicrous Lippie and Jx. We had dinner at Parkway. When I stepped in, I felt a whiff of nostalgia, like WOAH~~ how long haven't I stepped into this place!? I remember frequenting this place with my family when we were young, haha the Toys'R'us if you all recall?! Now the place has revamped so much, the only familiarities I spotted were the arrangement of the escalators and the Jack's Place, HAHAHAHA.

By Lip's recommendation, we also had SCOOPZ ice cream at the basement. It was so popular the queue was omnipresent! 1 scoop goes for $2.90 while you only need to top up $1.30 for a double scoop. I ordered a double of chocolate and jackfruit. WAH the jackfruit was excellent leh! Really had sizeable chunks of real fruit in the ice cream! And the texture was really unique too - not those creamy kind, and fragrant. I heard all their fruit flavours are really decent. Will try it again the next time I'm there haha!

After that we dropped by Lip's tuition centre. Glad to know he is doing so well. The place is nicely done up, down to the nitty gritty details. While we were there, I asked to sample a few of his Maths questions, and oh man, did I regret that! We left the place an hour later, demoralized, lol. Anyway, him being Lippie, always confident and far-sighted, can always trust him that he'll be successful at whatever he does. All the best for your Formuless! =)

________________________________________________

Recently I've also been thinking about money! Money money money - How much per month do you think a family of 3 (couple + new born baby) needs in order to support a comfortable life? Taking into account housing loans, milk powder, insurance premiums, car loans, savings for future education purposes, $5k just meets the threshold. Haven't included holidays, cny red packets, medical bills... oh crap.

Besides working day in day out for a steady salary, I hope to try out at investments, some passive income (however minimal it could be)... recently just opened a POEMS trading account, but suddenly pondering if I'm that daring enough to play stocks. Haha. Not that I have sufficient cash anyway, haha! On another side note, although we always hear ppl advise the way to be rich is to make money work for you and not the other way round, sometimes it's not too bad to be 脚踏实地, stay risk averse, and just simply be contented with a stable and genuine life.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous12:08 am

    thanks for your well wishes! i am sure u will do well too!!

    just that you people arent used to solving those problems at this age already

    ReplyDelete

Using LinkedIn like social media

Some people more active on LinkedIn than on Facebook.