Thursday, March 20, 2014

Tired from work...

Feel so tired from work recently... work is busy and very taxing on the mind. It is not the very stressful type (there is some stress, yes) but the events and action items are dynamic and plentiful and it's taking a toll keeping up with the pace, all of these amplified by the numerous meetings day in day out. I have at least 2 meetings EVERY SINGLE DAY! I'm annoyed by the fact that I hope to be able to make better use of my time during the meetings...

Yes just hired a capable staff to assist me with one workshop but the Engineer position at the biggest workshop is still vacant... wonder when I can let all of them run independently for me to really take a step back to strategise, plan and act on the more important items. Am planning to train up my guys to level up and align them to my standards and expectations, think work will be more manageable with them managing the ground and me can focus more on managing the business.

Being away on leave adds to the stress level as at the end of the day when I log in and discover there are 100+ emails to go through... is this the way to work, really?! Sigh...

Well, let's try to think of the positives, I do enjoy working with my colleagues and we're trying to play badminton regularly! I'm very rusty and hope to be able to rediscover the techniques.

On a side note, am really looking forward to taking a short break away from work... wish for the days when I can not think about work at all and just let my mind relax!

In a month's time!!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Using LinkedIn like social media

Some people more active on LinkedIn than on Facebook.