Wednesday, November 11, 2015

How's it like being a dad?

So many have asked (or rather it's the best question to start a conversation), how is it like being a first-time dad? Or, how are you coping with fatherhood?

My usual responses hover around the words 'sleep' and 'shag'. Truthfully, losing sleep is just the tip of the iceberg. I think it's difficult to comprehend for singles or couples without children; while they can empathize, I think one can only appreciate the beauty/stresses of parenthood when one has been directly involved.

Or subsumed by it.

Perhaps Jx put it aptly with his witty reply when he was wished good night - there's so such thing as a 'good night' since dd/mm/2014 (the birth date of his baby).

On being a new dad for 2 months, I shall attempt to summarise the apparent differences before baby and after baby. Let me know if you agree with them... Haha.







1 comment:

πŸ‘“

And so, the inevitable... She was very looking forward to it.