Thursday, July 06, 2017

Every 6th July...

I celebrate my working anniversary.

6 July 2009 - I jumped out of bed feeling very excited. I put on my 'lucky' striped purple work shirt, geled my hair and happily joyfully gracefully hopped into $MRT Corp office at North Bridge Road. Met my batch of fellow 19 MTs in that room. Were introduced to our "mummies", Lee Keng and Jenny, and went through an unexpected gruelling first day. 

So today is 6 July 2017 and I have unknowingly worked for 8 years!! Time really passed by in a blink of an eye! 8 years is not long. but long enough to have built up a decent career progression for oneself, acquired some technical skills, picked up some soft skills, and perhaps enriched with sufficient knowledge to be apt at making small talk with peers from other industries/professions.

Back track to a few days ago to the start of the month, 1 July 2017, my good work over the last 2 years saw me start work holding a new designation of Senior Engineer. I find it funny that this title was exactly the same as 6 years ago - in 2011 I was upgraded from Engineer to Senior Engineer (Bus Workshop, Auto Svcs), haha. Of course, Senior Engineer at my current organisation is more respectable and the expectations will be definitely more demanding. The next climb will not come easy. Jiayou!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

👓

And so, the inevitable... She was very looking forward to it.