Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Tips from recent courses

Attended back to back courses in early Sep which took me off work for a week. The good thing I like about my current job is that I really get to attend training and courses frequently. On the other hand, at my previous job I was kinda obliged, if I may use this word, to be working in the office/depot as there were meetings almost everyday; and when there was none, it was the best time for me to do some ground work and clear the outstanding red flags in my email inbox. So, yup, I really appreciate my current manageable work schedule (and employer's generosity!) which allow me to attend courses regularly.

Just to note down the applicable knowledge I picked up during the recent courses:

Leadership

Potentials P1-4
Applying managerial types S1-4


Giving feedback

AID - Action, Impact, Desired Outcome
e.g. "When you did xxx during xxx, it caused the group to feel xxx... May I suggest that you xxx?"


Minutes writing

- "shared", "informed", "updated"; not "shared that", "informed that", "updated that" (grammatically wrong!)


----------------

"You can develop a reputation for being good at:
1) something you don't like;
2) something you don't know about; and
3) something whose component essential to the job you are bad at."


No comments:

Post a Comment

The overseas shirt

I'm not sure about you, but I have a few tops that I categorised as "overseas shirts". That means I wear them only when I go f...