Wednesday, March 24, 2021

I AM AT THE PEAK OF MY LIFE

Hello, Present Me.

You are now at THE PEAK OF YOUR LIFE.


When both wifey and the kids are asleep before midnight, I have the enjoyment of a couple of quiet hours to myself these days.

One night, this revelation HIT ME like a pail of cold water on my face: 

.

.

.

.

.

.



I AM NOW AT THE PEAK OF MY LIFE.


Believe me not?


1. Happy family and extended family. More importantly, parents and parents in-law are healthy, mobile and financially independent. Er-gu said this to me recently, "You are alright as long as your parents are alright." and I was like THAT'S HOW TRUE!???!!!?




2. I'm in good shape and health. I participate in weekly futsal (mid level competitiveness) without much problems and aches! I continue to appreciate that I have mobile limbs and body to bring my daughter to scenic places on a bicycle. Fully developed senses to enjoy, taste and smell my foooood.



3. Stable career! Gainfully employed in the gahmen sector and which pays me sufficient to support a car, my family and sahm wifey... have spare for occasional holidays, spoils like a phone every two years, toys for kids... Comfortable house that is fully paid for.


4. Healthy, understanding and pretty wifey who is my best listening ear and lends support in the things I do. Offers sound advice and interesting perspectives. My walking dictionary. Entertains my silly songs and antics. Watches football with me. 

And of course, 2 cute and cheerful daughters who are precious darlings and who bring laughter and songs to our house. Children really make a positive impact to a married couple's life.





So I say again, Present Me, this is THE TIME OF YOUR LIFE! 

Your health will surely and gradually degrade (e.g. energy level decline, aching joints etc)... your parents are growing older with every day... your wrinkles are forming... your wife will be growing old with you... 

You had better be living this period the darnest best you can!


----------------

If Future Me is reading this blog post - tell me, did you live your peak the best that you could? Or possibly, tell me, is the Present You living an even better life that you were in your 30s? =)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Using LinkedIn like social media

Some people more active on LinkedIn than on Facebook.