Wednesday, October 25, 2006

whoopie!

yay!

Thanks to estel's timely advice, now i have a title! Thanks thanks! =)

but.... sian leh, my "sidebar" is at the bottom. haha.

Today is my last of 8 tedious labs of this semester! yay!!! i actually dread labs... but thankfully, i've got some good crappy lab mates this sem, so labs aren't so boring anymore! lab reports are a chore..very time-wasting....but nvm! ALL LABS ARE OVER!!!!

I had a very interesting ME2113- Mechanics of Materials lecture today. the Lecturer is an especially rare female in FOE, Prof Cheng Li. She is always very enthusiastic abt her teachings, and she does live demonstrations too! she was proving today that an empty soda can can support the weight of an adult (average sized of cos). I love attending her lectures. =D

-

have i mentioned to u guys before, that some of my lecturers and tutors have weird speaking habits? for eg, one of my tutor keeps saying, and i stress, KEEPS saying "nothing but". it simply gets on my nerves!!!! she can use the same 2 words for 3 times in a single sentence! OMG. how can she not realise she keeps repeating it??????

another of my lecturer keeps using "nothing more than". -_-"

Worst case scenario: This Lecturer doesn't only keeps repeating the same phrase... HE HAS 4 OF THEM WHICH HE KEEPS REPEATING!!!! somebody save me!!!

1) "basically, ..."
2) "... is nothing more than..."
3) "as far as ... is concerned,"
4) "i'm going to..."

he repeats them SOOOO many times, i even noticed for no. 2), he pauses for a split second after "nothing more", before saying "than".
-_-" dangs.

Me, Fabian and Jianxiang actually did a count of the frequency he says those phrases.
we didn't count no. 4), but the results of 1), 2) and 3) are.... ....
... About 15 EACH in only 30 minutes!!!!!! that equals to 1 per every 2 minute!
The repitition gets so irritating. And, I seriously think the frequency isn't at its maximum length, cos θ = 1 ...

NEVERTHELESS, his teachings are not bad, coherent and doesn't make me sleepy. =D

buahaha! anyways, gonna do my lab report now.... tata!!!

=)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Done this, done that, yet?

It's 2.57am Tuesday and my mind is still freaking thinking about work and whether my somewhat happy-go-lucky colleague is following up c...