Tuesday, March 17, 2009

interesting experiences with food

Recently, Me and Myself has been eating out quite often and I have noticed quite a couple of interesting events.

_____________________________________________

At Ishi Mura @ Pomo (Selegie Road):

My family and I bought some sashimi from the sashimi stall. Whilst waiting for my mom, we observed the man at the sashimi stall. His appearance and uniform looked clean and tidy, but his actions not so.

With the same hands that handled raw sashimi and rice, they were also used to man the counter. That included scanning the food price tag, collecting money, keying into the counter, and calculating and returning change. After that, he would go back to packing his sashimi. All using the same pair of hands, which apparently, had been put on gloves for fun.

I couldn't take his pretended 'hygiene' so I approached one supervisor and told him about it. He only, "ok ok." I even had to, "I hope you do something about it?"

Supervisor: ok ok.

As I walked away feeling a stone dropped from my chest, I suddenly recalled our sashimi purchase. Aiya! Regretted not asking him what he would expect us to do with it. My mom then joked, "Should we cook the sashimi now?"

Beware the sashimi stall at Ishi Mura at Pomo.

_________________________________________________

Yesterday at Bugis Food Junction....

Set A: Chicken Rice Set = $4.00

Set E: Chicken Rice Set + Wanton Soup = $5.90

I chose Set E.

Uncle picked up 3 small wantons (size slightly smaller than a chuppa chip) into the soup bowl.

Me and Myself: Errr, uncle, difference between A and E is the wanton soup?

Uncle: ya.

Me and Myself: So 3 small wantons is $1.90?

Uncle: (silence)

Me and Myself: (silence)

Uncle (After 10 seconds): No la, for Set E the chicken meat got cut longer.

__________________________________________________

Today in the Straits Times...

At Newton Circle (where we recently just went for our Stingray dinner):

3 Americans were charge $239 for 8 Tiger Prawns.

Lol. Were the prawns fed with birds' nest?

1 comment:

Done this, done that, yet?

It's 2.57am Tuesday and my mind is still freaking thinking about work and whether my somewhat happy-go-lucky colleague is following up c...