Saturday, March 14, 2009

THE LINE @ Shangri-La

The Line @ Shangri-La is celebrating its 4th birthday and is having a 40% off weekday buffet lunch promotion. My parents went and came back so happy and satisfied a few days ago and I was so envious, I pulled my dad along again on Friday.

If you present your DBS card, you enjoy free flow of drinks, which includes beer and cocktail.
























The cocktail was fresh and flavourful, but the story hasn't started yet.

Look at its fresh seafood!




Steamed crabs - they were not the small and pathetic u see outside, nor was the meat like not fresh, sticking to the shell kind. The steamed crabs at The Line are big and generous and the meat was just nicely done - tender, succulent and fresh.


Mussels - I have never, ever eaten such fresh mussels before. I didn't know fresh mussels tasted so, so nice.


Fresh raw oysters - WOW. For those who love oysters, you would definitely fall in love with them. They are very, very fresh and juicy. Ordinary oysters have a heavy tint of the 'sea-smell' and squishy insides, but these oysters had none of it. Slowly biting the oysters, their freshness made me feel as though I was relaxing by the seaside with the sea breeze and light music. HEAVENLY.



Hong Kong styled roasted duck and roast pork.



On the left of the picture above, is their braised lamb shank. The flavour was fine, but the meat was fantastic. It melted unbelievably in my mouth, yet maintaining the right amount of succulence.
The brownly grilled piece of meat at the right is Ostrich meat! My first time having a go at it, and oh my, it's great. It wasn't like hard and chewy like rubber-band as I had expected to be. Tasted abit like beef without the beefy smell. The ostrich meat was done in black pepper marination. Went very well with the meat.
The roast rib eye was brilliant as well. Tender, melting in my mouth. However, I would have preferred it lessly cooked. Nevertheless, still good.
Next up, my favourite food of the day....



Salmon Sashimi. HEAVENLY + WOW + FANTABULOUS. Very very fresh. and sweet. the distinctive taste of salmon and the flavour of the omega3 fats, is why I love salmon sashimi so much. Their japanese soy sauce was splended as well, but wasabi not strong. If you had noticed, there are 2 colours of salmon above. On the left is salmon from its belly, arguably the best part to eat sashimi from. Salmon belly contains the most flavourful fats and it WAS WONDEFUL.

Dessert. Woops. So nice I had forgotten to take pics of it because they melted so quickly in my mouth I had to keep scooping to relish the sweet, tingling aroma.
I am not a dessert person, but I must admit the desserts at The Line were very, very fabulous. There were so many kinds and types and colours of desserts, they catered one big entire display shelves section for them.


Their sorbet was freshly prepared. I haven't eaten enough sorbet in my life to evaluate how good this mango sorbet was, but it's good enough for me to give a thumbs up.




Their promotion ends on 16th March. HIGHLY recommend you to go and experience for yourself, how high quality food should taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Done this, done that, yet?

It's 2.57am Tuesday and my mind is still freaking thinking about work and whether my somewhat happy-go-lucky colleague is following up c...