Monday, July 06, 2009

First day at work

I haven't woken up at such godly hour for many months now, and yesterday night I got so worried I would just sleep past my alarm, so I set 2 separate alarm clocks. HAHA! Even so, I was still worried about not being able to wake up, that I couldn't rest well, and was in half-asleep mode since 4.06am, until my 2 alarms rang off at 6.50am. GAGAGA!

So the morning routine would be wash up, eat breakfast, get dressed, and leave house at 7.20am. (7.25am if not for my poor bicycle...). I haven't eaten at such godly hour for very long as well, and I really don't like eating bread for breakfast, I managed only to gobble down 1 bread with marmalade after 10 mins.

The journey from my doorstep to SMRT HQ doorstep takes approx. 40mins. Nice.

So when I was there, I met up with the other Management Trainees, who were also reporting for their first day of work. They were all very affable, nice and friendly and humurous, outspoken enthusiastic youths. Besides listening to some briefing, introduction and induction talks, it was good that all 17 MTs were engaged in several group activities which worked our brain juices, and tested on our articulation and corporate presentation skills, and through all these activities, we also got to know more about one another.

We also went for lunch as one big group, at the foodcourt at Raffles City. I realised if we do this everyday, we would be taking home meagre savings.

Some top management team people talked to us today, and they stressed their high expectations of us, and how we should think, act, perform and contribute, and I think from out of the 3000 over initial applications, and finally down to the 17 of us, we are indeed fortunate to have been selected, and I hope to be able to prove my credentials and repay (with value-addedness) the company's trust in my potential and capabilities.

________________________________________________

In today's Straits Times, there was a report on the Happiest People in the World.

Number 1 was Costa Rica! And on top of that, they are also the Greenest City in the world. *applause*

Singapore ranks No. 46 if I'm not wrong? HAHAHA.

And the highest ranking country in Asia?












5 - Vietnam.

*applause*


Thinking back on their disorderly order, I wonder how they manage to maintain high spirits everyday?

It might be a matter of growing up in it, and hence getting used to it.

Like the middle-aged, snobbish "policeman" in the police post at Hanoi? Haha, stay happy ya.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Using LinkedIn like social media

Some people more active on LinkedIn than on Facebook.