Sunday, July 12, 2009

My Commencement, 11th July 2009



4 years ago I stepped into this place (UCC), innocent, immature and don't-know-sky-high-ground-thick. I still remember vividly going through the freshman inauguration ceremony, and NUS's Acapella group Resonance, performed to welcome us. 4 years later now, I am dressed proudly in graduation gown, mortar board and all, waiting in anticipation to go up on stage to receive my Degree.

Proud to present some pictures taken on my Commencement, which took place on 11th July.

(Thanks Panadol COLD relief for taking away my tiredness and sneezy nose!)

=)

















I found the commencement ceremony well-organised, planned and carried out. There was order prior to and after the ceremony, they stuck to the schedule pretty well, and even had streamers and balloons falling from the ceiling! It was brilliant!

Million thanks and appreciation to all who specially made their way down to celebrate this joyous occasion with me, like my family, blur Bee, Nikki and Lye Meng... =)

HUGE pity Busy Roys couldn't make it back in time to share Jx and I's happiness on this very special day, because he had chosen to go tour around Europe happily.

Anyway, it was a very defining moment for me, the 8 secs or so up on the stage receiving the scroll, shaking hand, smiling for the camera. Haha, I heard especially loud claps and cheers when my name was announced, SUPER THANKS to my ME clique for being so cool and enthusiastic! You guys rox! =P

The day was also memorable because I saw so many familiar faces, all smiling and happy and laughing. It felt like one big family gathering. Every step I walked, I encountered another friendly familiar face, and then we'd be like, "EH!!!!! =D How are you? Found a job? Ahhhh, good good! Come let's take a pic!"

*Click*

"Hey good luck at your work, see you around man! =)"

________________________________________________

11th July marks my official commencement, after 20 years of institutional learning. It also marks the end of one week of my career. So far, so good.

Happy graduation!

Happy commencement!

Happy commencement, to the real world! =)

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous10:00 pm

    hello... hapi blogging... have a nice day! just visiting here....

    ReplyDelete

Using LinkedIn like social media

Some people more active on LinkedIn than on Facebook.