Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Singapore Idol 3 Finale

I didn't really follow this season, but I knew that around the middle of the season, I wondered why mediocre performers like Du@ne and Charle$ "$titch" W0ng were still hanging on. Like, is the standard of our local idol-wannabes so bad???

So I happened to tune in the the Finale, they say "Geek vs Girl". I don't have any impressions of Sezairi's vocals but I know Sylvia's got a powerful one. And I was looking forward to hearing her first song - Mercy.



And I was so B L O W N away!!!! Confident, powerful strong vocals, splendid delivery of the song mixed with her own sexy grooves and moves, her first performance, I thought, already won her the competition.

In contrast, Sezairi's first song was good, but not exactly fantastic and idol-fit.



Finally, both of them performed "Touched By An Angel", a song written by Idol judge Ken Lim specially for tonight. Sylvia came up first; I wasn't really impressed due to high expectations, but it was still confidently put across, "Diva" as Dick Lee articulated. Sezairi then put up the same song using his own style - safe, smooth, but similarly not impressive.

Then Singapore would decide.

As would have predicted by majority, Sezairi emerged as the winner. A thing I noticed during the announcement of the winner - how come both of them didn't hold hands while awaiting the results??? Usually in this kind of shows, the final two would? Haha. And when Sezairi's name was shouted out, how come they didn't hug to congratulate/thank the other??? Kinda makes me think they're not on good terms. Haha.


My take on why Sylvia didn't win, despite putting up an obviously better performance? The Sezairi fans were a more closely knitted and tighter community; while Sylvia's fans liked her, but were not generous enough.

Anyway, whilst waiting for the results, the show introduced guest performer Charice. I was even more B L O W N away by this girl, whom I've never heard of before, but now I do?

CHARICE from Philippines, discovered from Youtube!



Extremely powerful vocals, wide vocal range, and melodiously pitch perfect!!! Loved her performance! Busy Roys commented that Filipinos are great singers. Hmm. Yeah I would agree. Sylvia is part Filipino too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

👓

And so, the inevitable... She was very looking forward to it.