Thursday, June 23, 2011

BOH-nus is here!

My much-awaited bonus is HERE!!!

I think most of us were shocked at the amount. The previous FY was not as fantastic as 2 FYs ago but surprisingly, employees were very fairly compensated. With the Gen-Y trend of job-hopping the frustration of employers here, I think the MOST effective retention methods is still monetary compensation. You can bring up employee engagement, dialogue sessions, family day, building up a sense of belonging, coffee machine in the pantry... they make one comfortable (or less jaded, depending the way you want it) but sorry, monetary compensation is what keeps people going. I feel la.

At least it sort of compensates for the long hours I've put in at work over the past 1 plus year. At least I feel that my efforts are appreciated. But now that the bonus is here.... I can't wait for the next one =P

I did not have any needs or wants but I think here's what I plan to do with the extra ka-ching, albeit it ain't alot la:


  • Invest in stocks. A couple of lots, maybe.

  • Top up my unit trusts.

  • A pair of loafers (Pedro FTW)

  • 2 tailored shirts

  • 1 working pants

  • Changing to a new phone in September (Ericsson Xperia ARCCCCCCC)

Wow. That brings me back to zero. lol.


Ok, now to find the time to do the above... my weekdays have been hectic, weekends filled with activities. Not that I'm complaining though - I think my life's quite enriching =)


Sentosa on Saturday, tennis on Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Done this, done that, yet?

It's 2.57am Tuesday and my mind is still freaking thinking about work and whether my somewhat happy-go-lucky colleague is following up c...