Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Omgosh what are you doing here?!

"Hi, I'm Liz."

An assertive, confident feminine voice emerged from my blind-side right. As I turned around to return the greeting, we had eye contact and froze for a second.

My sec sch junior OMGOSH! Some 4, 5 years? It was incredibly fateful to meet her again after so long, and how she has changed! Now she is this confident lady receiving us at the office, communicating like a corporate professional. I wouldn't have put the old and new her together, they're so entirely different characters. To think that many years back, she was this paranoid young girl worrying about not being able to go JC? I was still sharing advice and guidance on JC and Uni... haha! So we had a good catching up, she told me about her Guangzhou internship and showed me her unbelievable view from Suntec City Level 26 that spans almost 360° (man, why do I not enjoy such views?!). Jaw dropping.

In the evening I was cycling home when I thought I bumped into another sec sch junior whom I have not seen in a year. So it turned out really to be her! HAHA, conclusion from both girls - WORK DOES EVOLVE PEOPLE. Donning a formal looking dark dress, long hair and heels, she seemed poised and ready, as compared to how I previously remember her as - the adolescent with a unique high pitched voice (oops if you're reading =X). Now, haven't you noticed you'll tend to converse in English when the person you're speaking to is dressed in formal attire? Kinda strange we were talking in English because all 8 years we've known each other, Mandarin was the tool, lol. So she has also been working for quite awhile, and we're not so different afterall, both busy, underpaid and overworked beings trying to survive in the societal rat race.


Bizarre occurences of bumping into two juniors I haven't been in contact with for awhile, on the same day. More interesting is how and what a few years and work can make the difference in a person's enrichment. It is heartening to know they're doing very very fine. =)



Here's them back in 2003. You wouldn't recognise them now haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Done this, done that, yet?

It's 2.57am Tuesday and my mind is still freaking thinking about work and whether my somewhat happy-go-lucky colleague is following up c...