Monday, November 09, 2020

Presentation at AM

On 29 Oct I presented at the Authority Meeting (AM) for the first time in my current co (after 5++ years).

Our item was initially tabled in the agenda but got withdrawn one week before the meeting. A day before the AM, the mgmt decided to table it up again and we quickly informed the Secretariat to insert the item back in. Presentation slides were done up and reviewed that night itself. Given the last min notice, I only began practising for the presentation around midnight (after putting Ye to sleep). The good thing was, the slides were somewhat similar to an earlier deck tabled for MCM a few weeks ago.

So after a cup of hot tea and some mouth muscle exercises, the AM presentation went by smoothly without much fanfare. Budget was approved!

Checked my phone after walking out of the Conference Room and saw this msg from my Director:


Such recognition adds to the justification of my decision to request for a rotation to my current Section... my previous portfolio had none of this due to the nature of the smaller projects. Although there's more on my plate and the stress level is undoubtedly higher, the exposure to Management and other Gvt Agencies and opportunities are abundant.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Using LinkedIn like social media

Some people more active on LinkedIn than on Facebook.