Monday, January 28, 2008

Trip to Chinatown!!!

TIP: This post will go very well with the background music I put on my blog! Switch on your speakers!!!!!!!! WAKAKAKA!!!

_________________________________________________

On Saturday, I succeeded in jio-ing my whole family to go Chinatown walk walk, so that to get into the festive mood! ^_^















































The streets of Chinatown bustling with people! Business is so competitive that some stalls resort to having their promoters shout "Free food, free food! Eat all you want! Best is if you eat till we do not have enough to sell!" And there really are many people crowding around the stalls sampling the nuts and snacks.


There were a number of shops like the above which were decorated very beautifully with chinese new year stuffs, makes me wanna go in and buy things!

I bought a small piggy bank. But it's not a pig, it's a cute mousey. HAHA. I forgot to take a pic of it. Since it's gonna be my year this coming year (means I'm 12x2=24 yrs old T_T), I hope it'd bring me good luck and good fortune! ^_^

We had dessert at the very famous dessert shop, I forgot the name of the shop. We asked for the following:

Almond+sesame = very nice!

Peanut+sesame = so-so, cos I'm not into peanuts...

Mango whatever. Not bad for a refreshing dish, but doesn't taste extraordinary.

And showing you guys a couple of interesting things I saw in Chinatown.

























A mahjong tile of the CHICKEN!!! SO FUNNY!!!!!!! HAHAHAHA!!!!!! I knew mahjong kakis like Irritating Ivan and Jammed Joycie will understand why. HAHAHA!

That about sums up my interesting family outing at Chinatown. YAY YAY!!! Chinese New Year is coming!!!!! ^_________^

1 comment:

Using LinkedIn like social media

Some people more active on LinkedIn than on Facebook.