Saturday, January 10, 2009

My final sem want-to-fulfill list!

Yes yes, the long awaited entry you guys must have been itching to read! I'm sorry it had to take so long! I apologise that u all had to visit this page everyday and keep refreshing morning, afternoon, evening and night, to constantly check if I've done up my final sem want-to-fulfill list!

Heh heh heh!

Before I start, I'll just explain why I would love to try out being a waiter. It's just something I'd wanna experience - Just like Busy Roy who claimed he'd wanna try being a cashier, and Corrosive Chillicraps who expressed he wanted to be a farmer (that's very interesting), and GIRLS (apparently, ALL) who wish to be a tai tai, YES, I would love the experience of a waiter!

And I wanna do it before I grad, else when would I be able to afford the time when I'm working full time?

But not kopitiam waiter ok. It's those restaurant kind which I'm talking about. I will enjoy interacting with customers, taking down their orders, bringing the food to them, topping up chilled water, collecting plates, finally smiling back when they leave the place satisfied. Yeah, I do feel it's a very heartwarming when I know my customers enjoyed their meal and service very much. =)

And so! I actually had gone for an 'interview' at a 'restaurant' in Simpang Bedok few days back, I asked if I could work every sat night only. The nice lady boss said she'll consider... and so would I. Haha. It really isn't that kind of restaurant I want to work at.

Oh ya. My dad was quite against the idea of me being a waiter. He said, "Please concentrate on ur final sem! Studies first!"

Blur Bee screamed, "HUH?!?!?!??!?? Why u suddenly wanna be waiter?!?"

Jx too was shocked at that. He exclaimed, "HUH?!?!?!?!?!?!?!! Errr..... I think you're overqualified leh..."

Tut-tut Titus roared, "HUH?!???!?!!??!?! Why u wanna be waiter?!??!!??!"

The lady boss, to my surprise, was bewildered, "HUH?!?!??!?! Why u full time student want to come out and work? Stay at home and rest la. one week only 7 days, 5 days go sch, still want to work 1 day?!"

Funny.

Ok. I digressed. Go get a glass of Pepsi or popcorn if you're bored already. But congratulations, it wasn't easy to read till here! haha.

OKAY okay, now for my final sem want-to-fulfill list....







Right back after the break!!!




Ok la. Kidding. Let's start!

Me and Myself's final sem want-to-fulfill list!

(In no order of importance)

1) Secure my class of honours (high priority!)

2) Work as a part time waiter

3) Take part in a NUS Talentime kinda competition! Have always wanted to, but lack confidence. But should do so in my final sem! Even if lao kui, other ppl also can't laugh at me for long! HAHAHA.

4) Attend seminars and career talks and events to learn more and network

5) Secure a good job before I graduate (HIGH priority!!!)

6) Visit the bazaars in sch more often

7) Take photos of campus to capture memories

8) Miraculously, I have yet to mention anything to do with food! That is indeed miraculous. I am amazed. Hmm.... since I'm at this topic... I'll have more meals in sch. I love the food at Technoedge. Munchie's even.

9) Leave a mark somewhere in campus. For example, a scratch or a "I was here" thingy somewhere on a wall or a bench or on a tree. Good idea. The trees betw Engin and Central Library are big and strong. Would it be an act of vandalism...?

10) Last but not least, tell the sweet girl from my course that she's sweet.




(SERIOUSLY ONLY KIDDING!!!! NO SUCH GIRL!!!!!!!!)





To my final semester friends, do you have things which you'd like to accomplish? I know Mai-Hum Marilyn wants to eat from EVERY stall in NUS canteen. HAHAHA.
__________________________________________________


For the Weekend...

Singing session tomorrow!! Yay!

Celebrating Lye Meng's bdae, dinner Sunday. Yay!

Arsenal playing Bolton. Yay!

Preparation for next week's FYP oral exam. BOOOOOO!!!!!

2 comments:

Using LinkedIn like social media

Some people more active on LinkedIn than on Facebook.