Saturday, April 24, 2010

Phone scam

My parents almost got scammed today!

In the morning my mom picked up a call and before she could say hello, the person at the other end (who sounded very much like my brother) was crying and asking my mom to tell the people not to beat him.

My mom panicked and asked to speak to the big boss. Because she was rather frightened, my mom didn't think of asking to verify her son or whatsoever. The big boss explained that her son was a guarantor for his friend and because he couldn't pay up, he was held by their "company". They asked for $10,000.

My mom was taken aback by the huge sum and passed the phone to my dad (luckily he was there to help). Fortunately he was witty enough to ask the "crying son" for his IC number. When the "son" couldn't give an answer despite being asked a few times, from behind the background my dad overheard Hokkien discussions. Suddenly, they hung up.

Scam busted.

-

Fortunately my parents didn't fall victim to this hideous act of cheat. They reported this incident to the police. I am sure we are not the only ones who are/have been a receiver of phone scams. Please inform your family and relatives and help make sure we stay vigilant!

__________________________________________________



Watched Shutter Island!
























I salute Leonardo Dicaprio for his natural acting ability. He was really deeply moulded into playing out his character in Shutter Island.

Anyway, the show was truly captivating and intriguing. The story kept the audience wanting to catch the development of the plot and the ending. I personally thought there were some nice camera angles and apt use of silence and heart pounding background music.

4/5 stars!!!

________________________________________________

Every morning I need to wake up at 7.02am. This is the time I set my alarm at.

But every morning without fail, my eyes automatically open at about 6.30am. IT IS VERY FRUSTRATING BECAUSE I CANNOT FULLY ENJOY MY SLEEP!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Using LinkedIn like social media

Some people more active on LinkedIn than on Facebook.