Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Random stuff

Last Saturday I had lunch with my parents. We drove to Bedok market to makan. We haven't eaten here for quite some time already; and it was good because the food was always relishing. It also reminded me of those uni days when I didn't have lessons on weekdays, we would drive to different areas for lunch.

After the full lunch we went grocery shopping at Sheng Siong. Despite the clean and friendly ntuc fairprice located a stone's throw away, Sheng Siong was bustling with life! Housewives and aunties were juggling both their baskets and choosing the freshest food, staff were busy restocking and making sure everything was in place, neat and clean. We initially only wanted to get some ingredients for dinner but turned up more than one basket-full at the counter.

My mom and I waited outside while my dad went back in to buy a watermelon. When he was finally done, he walked towards us carrying a grin, obviously happy with his purchase. Suddenly he stopped in front of us, and asked:






"你要 - 晟,菘,超,市?"

-_-

He is getting real lame and crappy. Signs of dementia.

__________________________________________________


If you happened to browse through The Straits Times today, you would have seen this emotional photograph on the front page:-
















(taken off the straits times website)

"SINGAPOREAN Michael Chia, 47, was greeted with a big hug from his wife Rosa Hein, 44, when he touched down at Changi Airport Terminal 2 yesterday.

He had been stranded in Frankfurt, Germany, since his flight on Friday was cancelled, after concerns over an Icelandic volcanic ash cloud grounded flights in northern Europe from Thursday."


I could imagine the man's happiness and the wife's relief. Awww.

In addition, in the picture I had noticed 3 things:
1) Male Rolex x1
2) Female Rolex x1
3) LV bag x1

They are too striking and attention seeking.

I joked to my dad that just beside this couple stood another couple who hugged tighter and displayed more heartfelt emotions - but one of them was carrying a NTUC bag. Not so appropriate for a front page photo, is it?

______________________________________________________

I happened to chance upon this interesting fact of the US $1 bill:-

On the $1 bill, you can see an owl in the upper left-hand corner of the "1" encased in the "shield," while a spider is hidden in the front upper right-hand corner.



I CANNOT FIND THEM!!!!

Please help me!

I have appended a pic to assist you!

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous2:35 am

    have u found the animals?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Owl is in upper-right of the bill's face; look ath the border around the '1' in that area, on the border's upper-left concave section.

    In other words, go left from the top 'point' on the '1' and follow the border up to the nearest corner. You'll see the owl 'resting' on the 'ledge' created by the concave section.

    As for the spider, I don't know if I can be of any help.

    ReplyDelete

Using LinkedIn like social media

Some people more active on LinkedIn than on Facebook.