Friday, December 17, 2010

Happy 26th!

Ok so I am finally 26!!!




That sucks big time. Gahhhhhhhh. Edging towards the big 3. =(

I was reading my blog archives and realised that every year during my birthday I'll be like, "OH NO I'm turning (insert age)!!!" Haha, already at 23 I was dreading how fast I was ageing!


Heh so anyway I officially started my birthday at 12pm when I reluctantly rolled myself off my cosy bed.

Ate 2 red eggs my mom prepared for my birthday. Thanks for being da best! <3



After that followed my parents to sample chicken rice at Toa Payoh Lor 1 as recommended in the newspapers (another item off my checklist). Then we returned to nua at home, surfed net (including checking my work email, sianz haha).

Invited my buddies Busy Roys and Jx over for dinner! Had a cosy family dinner together at the round table, very 温馨 and heartwarming, special thanks to my mom for going to the market early morning and spending the whole afternoon preparing the dishes, and not forgetting my favourite chicken wings. My dad especially enjoyed himself cos the whole night he was passionately sharing with Busy Roys his stories about wine... -_-"

After a ceremonial cake cutting, we got dressed and adjourned to.........................................
















MAMBO NIGHT @ ZOUK!!!!!!!!!!!

Man, it has been YEARS since I last stepped into that hip place! So this year I decided to spend my birthday wonderfully and memorably with the best company and best music!

We reached there at about 10-ish, which was a good time cos there was only a short queue, plus happy hour was on till 12am, which means there was just enough time to drink abit before the real mambo music comes in!!!

So in we stepped and the few of us shared:

1) Vodka green tea - Bad. Real bad. Both vodka and green tea are siap-siap (means very dry tasting) liquids, and it was a potent addition of a bad dehydrating after-taste. Had to resort to finger guessing so as to finish the two jugs.

2) Jägerbomb - WOW. It is a very easy to drink cocktail that is mixed by dropping a shot of Jägermeister into a glass of Red Bull. Loves how sweet tasting it is.

3) Vodka lime - easy to drink too, cos the lime juice masks the dry vodka. Someone said it is used to 骗女孩子, because girls aren't aware they're taking in much alcohol than they really are. Haha.

4) Flaming Lamborghini - a birthday must have drink! Only the 2nd time I drank this, the previous time being the last time I stepped into Zouk and that was Busy Roys 22nd/23rd birthday. Admittedly this time it wasn't as nice probably due to the loss of novelty, but the burning sensation from drinking amidst flames was still quite shiok!


Soon, shortly after midnight we stepped into the dancefloor and the mambo party was kicking in, with favourite hits such as Square Room, world cup song, caught in a bad romance, mambo no. 5... I don't quite remember song titles but 80% of the songs were awesome mambo songs to dance to!

Time passed really quickly when you're having lotsa fun jumping and singing along on the dancefloor with great song coming after YET another great song. But I was just waiting for THAT SONG! The song we learnt for Jiahui's hen party - Love in the First Degree. It finally came on at 3am!!! WOO! Hahahahahaha. It was like the only song that I could do all the corny hand actions along to the song? It was damn cool.

Ok only then I was alright to leave the fun-filled place... haha. Though I felt like I could still do another hour, the rest of them were rather tired already so I walked out rather reluctantly haha.

______

The next day I snoozed all the way till 2pm, SHIOKANATHAN!!!!!!!!! Then met the 2 of them for lunch at KFC, SHIOKANATHAN x 2!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HAHAHA.

Checked my fb and realised I received sooooooooooooo many birthday wishes from my family and friends!!! Thank you everyone!!! In appreciation, I went on to 'like' every single wish =)

But my favourite has to be this...



Happy Birthday delivered by my bubbly nieces! Haha!

1 comment:

  1. Aww they are so sweet..they can form a band. :)

    ReplyDelete

Done this, done that, yet?

It's 2.57am Tuesday and my mind is still freaking thinking about work and whether my somewhat happy-go-lucky colleague is following up c...