Sunday, December 19, 2010

The Mom and her Magic


That's my mom with her prized catch.

It was a freaking huge life seabass, caught live, straight from the sea!!!

HOW AWESOME IS THAT??! See that transparent 炯炯有神 eye, and the reflective shiny scales?? That's how you know whether a fish is fresh or not! (Sec 2 Home-Economic classes, phew)

And the fish was so huge, no wok or pot in our house could have accomodated it. In the end we had to split that fish into 3 portions to be cooked in 3 different recipes to be eaten as 3 different meals. HAHA. And have I mentioned how fresh it tasted?! The meat was sooooo tender and QQ to the bite, it was almost sashimi-ish. No kidding.

Oh, my mom is into e-learning lately - from blogging to streaming HK drama serials to uploading her pictures onto her FB. You are most welcome to visit her blog (all about her recipes and food) here! =)

The good thing about keeping such a blog is that all the prized recipes that cook up only awesome dishes are stored up safe, forever! Including hand-me-down family dishes, or dishes you only eat once a year during festive occasions, everything! Haha. My mom has always been a greattttttt cook, no doubts about that. I'm glad that she has found a place to ink down her awesome magic works, cos it has been keeping her life enriching and mind active!





P/S: I have not worried about breakfast since she discovered her new-found passion.
-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Done this, done that, yet?

It's 2.57am Tuesday and my mind is still freaking thinking about work and whether my somewhat happy-go-lucky colleague is following up c...