Saturday, December 04, 2010

26. How do I want it?

So that day, I had a rare free weekday night so I dropped by LFI to attend one of their lessons.

They recently moved to a bigger location at Ubi and yes, the bigger building is more furbished and looks more established. They now have more (and bigger) rooms to hold lessons, a "ballroom" (which is in actual fact an auditorium la), and a more spacious holding area.

After another charismatic and inspirational lesson, I sat down with two friends and we shared more about NM, and LFI's products. I still hold this psychological barrier and stigma towards NM - that it is all but a scam and all you have to do is nothing but leverage on your downlines' efforts. However, I must say that their range of products do interest me quite abit. Looks like even if I do not go into NM proper, I could use the products to promote better health.

Actually people do NM all the time, all of us! Like sharing with your friends about the latest movie you've watched, or which dept store is having store wide sales, or which coffee joint is having 1 for 1 promotion... we are all doing NM everyday!

Believers in the company advocate earning more during their prime years so as to accumulate more cash to fuel their short/mid/long term wants/needs. Yes, most of us do carry this mindset. Fresh grads, young working adults, who doesn't want to have the luxury of having more money to spend? To travel overseas? To buy yourself an iPhone 4? To... treat your family to meals?

We all want that. The question is - how many of us are actually determined to do that, to put in more effort and seek other ways to earn more income on top of your full time job (thro legal means of course)?

Many success stories in the company began because they knew what they wanted right from the start and had developed an indifferent mindset. One that is unorthodox, swayed from the "correct", "proven" and "safe" path that Singaporean kids go through. Study, score, go on to the next top school, further your studies, obtain your paper qualification, seek a job, slog hard. No, the ones who are earning big bucks now in the company believe in an entirely different thing. They put their time and effort into what they believe in, and they have worked out something. In fact, I admire them for their courage of trodding the path less travelled.

However, I still have my skeptical views of doing NM full time. I mean, I thought about the worse case scenario of NM, take for example the recent bust of Sunshine Enterprise. What would be your next step if overnight, your employer just collapsed? What are the transferrable skills that you could bring? Maybe marketing and selling... go into sales?

Probably that is why most are doing it part time. After work kind. I guess most of us still want the security of a fixed pay from a full time job.


Anyway, I joined a few of them for supper at Midnight Curry at Upper Serangoon. I finally got to try it! It was not bad, tastes like a very decent home cooked meal. We shared jokes. It was fun, just pure hanging out as friends too.

________________________

Yeah, sometimes I do feel I wanna make more out of my free time. But other times, I just want to nua and not think about anything... haha... sighz...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Done this, done that, yet?

It's 2.57am Tuesday and my mind is still freaking thinking about work and whether my somewhat happy-go-lucky colleague is following up c...