Monday, November 07, 2011

In time, my time

It was a P-Holiday I had been looking forward to all week cos there was gonna be K-lunch followed by fun in the sun at Sentosa with the OG peeps but 2 pulled out at the eleventh hour, reporting sick. Aww. The weather was BRILLIANT all day - sun was up and shining, clouds were big and fluffy, sky was blue and divine. Too badddddddd. But anyway the day was well spent too - yummy home-made lunch (porridge and fried bee hoon) courtesy of Magic Mom, followed by a lazy afternoon nap totally uncalled for, but equally shioksssss.

Quickly put on a t-shirt and shorts and went to meet Jx at the ever-neighbourhood-friendly Tampines central. Smuggled a Pokka green tea bottle into the cinema for 'In Time'. A decent movie with an interesting plot - how would you live your life if your time was measured in weeks, days and seconds? If he had a century to live, Will Salas (played by J. Timberlake) said, "I wouldn't be looking at the time so much." Well, ya... does that mean you can then enjoy the luxury of living your life at a slower pace? And does that mean you will end up brutally exploiting it, knowing you have too much on your hands?

That goes the same to our youth. We know we have time, we fail to plan, we live day-by-day, and when we finally realise time is ticking down, it's always almost too late. Someone once said, "Live everyday like it is your last." That's awesome. That would be living your days to your fullest but I don't think it's possible la. If everyone believed in that there would be nobody working in the supermarket, selling fish and meat in the market, operating the trains and buses etc. I would prefer "Do one crazy thing everyday". I am not advocating you to commit crime or arson but yeah, do something you wouldn't be doing in your everyday - it could be as simple as greeting the bus uncle in the morning, opening the doors for the person behind you... or something else like going for a run, sending a hello-sms to your old pal... you know. Signing up for language courses, logging into lovebyte, planning a family outing are also great crazy things =D

Jx also asked me what the movie was about. I thought it could be applied to the widening rich-poor divide in our reality. The rich are getting filthy wealthy and have absolutely no idea of how their counterparts are doing at the other end; whilst the poor are struggling to make ends meet and seeking ways to climb up the wealth ladder.
I digressed.

After the movie we did our usual, walking the malls... then filled our stomachs with KFC haha. The only person I enjoy having KFC Buddy Meal with is dear Jx. Basically it is because both of us adore KFC and when we get down to tucking into the juicy tender chicken, we don't need to care less of our unglammity of using our fingers, or how much of skin/fats we are adding into our diet.

I went home $220 less wealthy because I would be collecting a brand new pair of (deceivingly)-smart-and-decent-looking glasses! 30% off the frame and 20% off Crizal lenses leh + my current pair is deteriorating quite badly! Happy with my purchase. Early Xmas present for myself heh. Actually, that's an excuse la. I also spent $150 last week on bespoke working pants! I don't usually splurge so much on myself but ditto glasses, my current pants are losing their shape and fraying abit - NOT NICE!

It's almost mid-November and very soon, the end of the year... It is this time of the year that the solitude will kick in BUT NOT THIS YEAR! Have planned something on Xmas eve and I'm sure it would be an awesome time!

And time to reflect on 2011.... I remember vividly not too long ago I was complaining the first 3 weeks into my permanent posting feel 3 times dreadful than that... and that was in February!?

In time, I say, in time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Done this, done that, yet?

It's 2.57am Tuesday and my mind is still freaking thinking about work and whether my somewhat happy-go-lucky colleague is following up c...