Monday, May 21, 2012

Happy Mother's Day

Over dinner, I was listening to my mom relating about her childhood memories - such as washing clothes at the river bank, buying noodles for 10c at the school canteen, accompanying my grandmother to help out at the rubber tree plantations, earning $100 per month as a admin girl... She also said that she always overlooked the daily school timetable and would forget to bring PE shorts and drawing block. HAHA, I remember me doing that too during my pri sch times! It would be so awkward, the PE teacher would nag at us for forgetting PE shirts/shorts... and standing one corner we would be pretending to be guilty but conducting warm up feeling equally as comfortable in our school shirt and shorts! As for drawing blocks, the getaway was easy peasy - to borrow from my generous classmates who I would always watch retrieve one whole stack of drawing block from their bags, hehe. Most of the times I would purposely 'forget' to bring, cos my bag's too small and forcing the drawing block in would cause it to crimple at the corners! I also kinda dreaded art lessons cos need to pack pastel colours, colour pencils, painting bowl (shaped like a handprint, remember?!) and brushes la... so leh cheh! I would so conveniently use Stabilo colour pencils and apply some water over it. Water colour, TADA! :D

Anyway, really appreciated my mom for leaving and preparing me a lovely dinner even though I returned home only at 10 plus. She heated up the soup and accompanied me at the dining table, asking me about work and telling me how she picked a fish otah but don't know how it turned out to be a sotong one instead haha. When she related relishly to me her childhood memories, I nodded and acknowledged but truthfully, I wasn't really paying attention to the content... I was instead capturing and trying to remember this slight smile beaming on her face, secretly wishing this familiar expression would stay with me forever :) Together with the warmth of her home-cooked dishes and the special ingredient added in, always for us, everyday. <3


Very belated but anyway, Happy Mother's Day!























I just realised.... I have no idea what my mom's favourite colour is. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment

Done this, done that, yet?

It's 2.57am Tuesday and my mind is still freaking thinking about work and whether my somewhat happy-go-lucky colleague is following up c...