Thursday, May 10, 2012

Premium Outlet shopping

Went Premium Outlet shopping yesterday!




Ok, Singapore style... Not the one at Johor though, haha.


Has it been sooooooo long the last time I walked through City Link Mall? You see, even if I had to go Suntec I preferred the link through Raffles City basement via Esplanade Xchange. So inside City Link 7-Eleven is now where Umi Sushi was; I also spotted Cold Stone Creamery and Quiznos where Havainanas and NUM once populated. Some corners are also undergoing renovation, pending exciting openings! New York New York is no more, same for the teens' fav hangout HMV.

I happened to walk into Levi's and got myself a great deal - $29.90 for a Levi's belt!
"The kind of price only seen at USA Premium Outlets", I smirked to myself. Happy with the purchase, I wandered down the corridor and found myself staring at this in disbelief:



AEROPOSTALE!??!

I stood at the entrance, staring at the red bold font, shocked and awed. Aeropostale, a familar name I saw in the premium outlets in USA! It's finally in Singapore?!

Rooted outside the shop with a huge smile that lit up uncontrollably, the outlook and feel of the shopfront reminded me of USA. As I stepped into the shop, the fragrant cool breeze and the vibrant colours that welcomed immediately transported me to a faraway, yet familiar realm in Northern America. The heartwarming experience and intrigue was heightened by the cheerful greetings and bright smiles from the friendly staff members. The surreal experience almost gave me goosebumps.


Themed T-shirts!
Rustic Belts!
Hip Berms!
Checkered shirts!
Caps!
Faded jeans!
Sales! Discount!



Daring colours, eye-catching fonts, unbelieveable discounts were all that caught my eye as I still could not believe where my legs were standing. I approached the staff and asked excitedly, "Is this shop newly opened??"


The reply was polite, the smile didn't drop but the message was delivered like a smack in the face.





Last September.




HAHAHAHA SUA KU YOU MOUNTAIN TORTOISE!!!

Ok, apparently, there is only another branch at Ion Orchard...


I was really in a mood for retail therapy, determined to bring something outta this shop I was! Bottoms were $30 off everything, tees were buy one get one free! It was an internal struggle to restrict myself from grabbing everything off the shelf, before I finally settled for two tees.

It was $49.90 for two shirts, quite reasonable right! There was a further 5% discount with Citibank card!

As I was at the cashier's, I couldn't quite believe my eyes when I saw that the payment machine was supported by another familiar brand I recognised from USA!


"SEE YOU AGAIN!", chirped the staff. I returned an equally radiant smile, skipping out of the shop, happily, joyfully, gracefully and aeropostally.


=D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Done this, done that, yet?

It's 2.57am Tuesday and my mind is still freaking thinking about work and whether my somewhat happy-go-lucky colleague is following up c...