Thursday, May 31, 2007

UPDATES!!!

woo guys.

been so long since I came online. The stupid hostel doesn't have internet as of yet, and we're all so pissed by it. hahaha. anyways, updates on what's happened so far!

Successfully passed my Lifeguard training, and i'm now a qualified deep water lifeguard receiving hourly pay of US$8.75 per hour! Woots!! That is ALOT! I'm assigned to 2 places to do my job. At the Pipeline Peak, I do dispatching and unloading. Which means I tell people to get into the tubes and go in, unloading means I ask them to get out. Lol. It's fun when you get to see all kinds of people and interact with them. At the Tidal Wave Bay, it's actually a pool with artificially made waves, I'm a sitting lifeguard, where I sit there and watch out for any unusual activities that kinda stuff. The job's not boring! We're all having fun! =)

Today's my off day. We get one off day per week. Everyday we work from 11 to 7 during weekdays, and 11 to 8 on weekends. That means LOTS of money yay! ^_^ Finally got one off day after 8 consecutive days of work, that's some relieve.

Everyday has been microwave day! Either it's instant noodles, or it'd be pasta. Heh heh. And I bought hotdogs and eggs and lettuce to go along with the food, super tasty!! I bought bananas for fibre and vitamins. Oh btw, we always pack lunch to work. I pack sandwiches with ham and lettuce or peanut butter. WOO! I specially enjoy self-made food.

Kroger is the name of a supermarket chain in USA, and the stores are really big. Though not as big as Walmart, they have almost all necessities. Since we're all budget spenders, we always go for Kroger brand of food, milk, supplies etc. HAHAH! But they also taste good!

Life's pretty fun still. =) Enjoying work. OH YA! The other day, we gathered a group of friends and walked over to "eastern buffet" for dinner! You should have seen the expresssions on our faces as we walked in. Food we all missed!! They have heavenly plain white rice, superbly fried chicken wings, tasty spicy sour soup, good fried meat dishes, excellent fried shrimps with capsicum and onion, fruits and dessert and ice cream! We missed asian food so much, we gobbled them like prisoners of war unleashed. I ate till I almost vomitted, but it was without regrets cos the food was really soooooo great. Including tax and tips, each of us paid only US$8. Damn nice! We all swore to go back soon. HAHAHA! Btw I thought the restaurant owners were rather taken aback at our uncivilised eating manners.... HAHAHA!!

Food food food! Yet to try out Krispy Kreme (best donuts which melt in your mouth) and Bottoms Up (Best Pizza in Richmond). Definitely will conquer them sometime soon! Updates till later. I hope you guys have been taking good care of yourselves!!

see you guys soon!! =)

1 comment:

  1. hey nice to know that you are enjoying life there!!!

    ReplyDelete

Using LinkedIn like social media

Some people more active on LinkedIn than on Facebook.