Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Pink IC I choose you!

Today there's a new addition to my wallet.

Finally received my pink IC!

Hmm, though I still think a blue one looks nicer... (and the picture on my pink one looks vomitable - lucky 3 more years can change liao), I am still happy to be accepted. And thankful for what the country has given me. Safety, opportunities, shelter, vibrancy, family and friends... just to acknowledge a few.

While the Noose was showing "We are Singaporeans!", 150 new citizens attended the Citizenship Certificate Ceremony - at a CC very near my house, yay! Dinner was provided too - local dishes like rojak, chicken rice, laksa and chendol.

I took a glance around and analyzed that about half were from PRC and India. The other half would be Malaysians, Myanmese, Vietnamese etc. Just my guess...

When everyone had assembled in the auditorium, three videos were shown - the first one depicted the history of Singapore; followed by the rights, privileges and obligations of being a citizen; lastly "Tampines, Our Home".

Then all 150 took turns to go up onto stage to receive our cert and pink IC from the GOH, Mr Ong Kian Min.

The ceremony ended with a pledge and the national anthem. I realised the last time I did this was like.... prolly when I was doing NSF? That was a good 6 years ago.

My official date of Citizenship is 20.01.2011. Purposely chose this date cos it looks auspicious. Haha. (And I'm very very glad too because....)

________


Anyway while having dinner at the foyer with the new citizens, I accidentally knocked into a small girl, resulting in her spilling half a cup of cordial onto herself, dirtying her dress. I felt really bad and immediately apologised to the girl and her mom. The expression on her mom's face was priceless. =)








She shot back a stare of disgust.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Using LinkedIn like social media

Some people more active on LinkedIn than on Facebook.