Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Xmas off-in-lieu

MERRRY XMAS TO ME!

Haha, finally cleared my Xmas off-in-lieu today. Your Sunday really feels different when you know that you don't have to face the Monday blues the next day.

Remember that I shared that I bought a voucher off streetdeals.sg? It was for a one-time facial. So I went for it.... all the way at Holland Village -_-

Damn, I was cursing at myself while at it. IT WAS FREAKING EXCRUCIATING PAIN! The nose area is super sensitive and I was tearing uncontrollably while the lady used her tool to extract those stubborn black heads and whatevernots. She saw that I was winching and desperately trying to hold back my nervous system and assured me that "it's gonnna be over soon." lol. I replied, "you are so bad - everyday you make guys tear."

Anyway after 1.5 hours of facial 'surgery' she tried to get me to sign up packages with them but I politely declined. Though she was a very pretty lady, I don't need that frequent of a facial maintenance... I think I must have lost 2kg of excess. My face hasn't felt this smooth and flawless since I was born.

HAHA, ain't trying to advertise here but if you're interested, it's called ONLYaesthetics. Though the pain was regrettable and I swear I wouldn't go for another facial in my life again, I think I would la. Haha. Like for ROM/wedding photos/big occasions. (Will there be such a day anyway?)

___

After the satisfying facial I headed over to NUS to meet Irritating Ivan. He too, had taken 1/2 day leave. Many friends we bumped into gave us the same "=O" expression when we explained that we were here really because we miss the school.

We had lunch at the all-so-familiar Technoedge. I haven't stepped in here for almost 2 years since I grad but the environment felt very familiar; like it was only yesterday.

So there was the Engin bridge; the flight of stairs that led to our tutorial rooms; the wooden table that we finalized on our WAT decision (that changed our lives); 6th floor EA block that Blur Bee used to wait for my lessons to end; my FYP lab; Olive Cove (same menu, same deco, same fav snacks); 'socksville' at LT7a.

Ivan and I crashed a lecture at 3pm at LT7a. It was a one of Chem Eng, I assumed. Cos the Indian lecturer was talking about bond energy, 1s1, 2s2, 2p6. We sat at the extreme top right hand corner. A leopard never changes its spots - I dozed off halfway and when the lecture ended at 4pm, I stepped out realising that I had missed out on everything - JUST LIKE OLD TIMES HAHAHAHAHA.

After that we hung around at Arts Forum and Burger King, watching the crowd and reminiscing old times. It was nice that I had Ivan's company which I could share memories with. Still miss the vibrancy and dynamics of tertiary school life, especially orientation camps?

Saw my fellow ME mate from my same batch doing post-grad inside my FYP lab. Even though he works in a very fun place (e.g. young girls), I don't very much envy his job choice - cos I think I won't be able to stand a desk-bound job. And at that doing research, conducting experiments, drawing statistical charts... I already had enough of that for my FYP. Besides that, I think the corporate world is much more interesting, though you gotta be ever-wary of the land mines, arrows and potholes that may besiege your path....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Using LinkedIn like social media

Some people more active on LinkedIn than on Facebook.