Saturday, March 01, 2008

HARLOWWWWWW!

Some random things I wanna tell the whole world!

2 days ago I cooked noodles for dinner!


It is MARUCHAN!!!!!!!

WAHAHA! With 0 trans fat. That's not the point. The point is, it is one brand you can't find in Singapore!

But NO! I didn't get it from across the Causeway! Nor the 2nd Link!

It's all the way from USA!!!!!! Made in USA!!!!!!

Still got picture as evidence lor!!!!

The above picture was taken July 14th 2007. I took it in the hostel I lived in during my work stint in Virginia, USA. It was intended to show you guys how much food I stock up! LOL. See that pink coloured packet of noodles? YES, it's THAT EXACT SAME packet of noodles which ended up in my stomach 2 days ago. =)

It tasted sweet.

Sweet USA memories. =)

(My cupboard still has one packet of pasta... the one on the extreme right of the picture!)

____________________________________________________

Anyways, met up with a handful of Work and Travel friends Debbie, Wei Chun and Baofei for dinner at TCC at Citylink yesterday. Roys, busy as usual, joined later. I suggested the place cos my sis has been praising the Seafood Aglio Olio.

So I ordered!




Verdict: Generous serving of 3 large Prawns and 2 big scallops are succulent and fresh. Noodles are tangy and delectable. Sauce has a hint of spiciness, coupled with olive oil and the garnishings, makes it a fantastic dish, definitely worth returning for another try!

However not a very full meal if you have a big appetite, but sufficiently satisfying.

Costs $16.90-++. (the "-" is 15% off with a TCC card lol)

Anyways! It was good to meet up with the bunch of people, I think whenever people meet up with friends they got to know from USA, they are BOUND to reminisce and talk about those fun moments at work! =) And yesterday, everyone was wearing at least something they bought from cheap shopping in USA. Haha!

Photos will be up soon as soon as I get them from Debbieeeee.

_________________________________________________

I happened to have my tuition pushed to yesterday and hence I was able to make it down to my alma mater, Temasek Secondary School for their Chinese Orchestra practice! For those who may not know, I was from their Chinese Orchestra, and later continued for another 2 years in Temasek Junior College.

90% of my friends would now ask me,

"HUH?! Were you from Temasek Primary as well?!"



-_- But no, sorry. LOL.

(Imagine Temasek Pri -> Temasek Sec -> Temasek JC -> Temasek Holdings. Ok just kidding.)

Sorry I digressed! Temasek Sec Chinese Orchestra (TMSCO) will be conducting a concert Musical Epoch on 16th march at Singapore Conference Hall. Interested anyone? haha. It's a combined concert with SMJK Keat Hwa from Malaysia. TMSCO alumni would be involved as well, but I volunteered to help out backstage because I'm too rusty to start playing again... although I'll love it anytime.

So I went back to see see today... OMG I saw quite a number of familiar faces! And made friends with a few other alumni whom has just graduated in 2007! It felt funny because the previous time I saw them, they were innocent students but now I feel on par with them cos we're all alumni now haha!

At the end of the practice, the conductor Mr Cheng invited a few of us alumni for lunch, and we talked for quite abit. It's very very heartening to see so many ex tmsco students so eager and enthusiastic to help out. =) And Mr Cheng still remembers my nameeeeeeeee! *shocked, but gleeful* =) I miss those times sitting down in a big group and performing . =)

____________________________________________________

Lastly, for those who just came out of the caves, do look out for this man.
























He's wanted for breaking out of prison! An ex terrorist, he had planned to hijack a plane from Bangkok and then crash into Changi Airport. Scary.

I think Singapore is shocked at how a prisoner managed to escape in, a country no further other than SINGAPORE! A place where you'd get caught faster for talking on the phone while driving!

Anyways this guy apparently disappeared after visiting a toilet.

To add on, I took the following from Frankestein Fab's blog, because I found it so amusing!!!

In USA, there was the series Prison Break!!!

















In Singapore, we had....
























ROFL!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Using LinkedIn like social media

Some people more active on LinkedIn than on Facebook.