Thursday, March 08, 2007

Boring Thursday

I couldn't claim a one day off today because I had to hand in my lab report... so might as well attend the 2 hour Fluid Mech (mad mad mad!) lecture.

It was lame. Mr High-Pants went thro tutorial solutions, some motion thingys, and ended the lecture at abt 1.30pm. Totally useless! Which then Lip Tong smsed me saying "somehow I feel cheated going for lecture today". LOL. Zzzz.

______________________________________________________

Warning: Nonsense ahead, skip if you like.

Anyways, imagine you're waiting for a lift at the 1st storey. Ding dong, the lift arrives, door opens, and a total of 5 people enter. Given that the building has 7 storeys, what is the probability that each person alights at a different floor?! Lemme try it out... hmm. I did badly for MA2216/ST2131, but I'm just going to try it. Lip Tong, you can correct me if you want.

P(5 different stops, given there are 7 stops in total)
= P(5 different stops out of a possible 6) -> (because you can't enter and alight at the 1st floor at the same time)
= (1/6 x 1/5 x 1/4 x 1/3 x 1/2 x 1) x 5!
= 0.167

Hmm. Considering very few people will take the lift from 1st -> 2nd, the probability of this happening is even lower lor. But it happened to me just now! But I was rather annoyed - because I wanted to go up to the 7th floor LAH!! LOL.

Now, what's worse than having the lift stop at 3, 4, 5, 6 then finally to 7, i.e., ur destination?

Ans: WHEN YOU ARE THE ONE CONTROLLING THE LIFT DOOR!

Ya lor, so suay lor, I was the lift operator.

END OF NONSENSE.

______________________________________

OK anyways, I have another question to ask God. Burning, niggling question. NOOO, of cos it's not about Navier-Stokes Equation. My question will be, why does my nose itch so badly every now and then?!

It gets onto my nerves sometimes, I just wanna pluck it off and use a brush to sooth the itchiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Done this, done that, yet?

It's 2.57am Tuesday and my mind is still freaking thinking about work and whether my somewhat happy-go-lucky colleague is following up c...