Saturday, May 03, 2008

(fill in for yourself)

Today is a sunny day. 79 innocent but confident students stepped into LT 7a, armed with their own saturated brains, smooth-writing pens and calculators. At 1 pm, ME3231 - Compressible and Unsteady Flow. Hmm... they actually attached bigger writing tables onto the existing small ones onto the seats in the LT.

"You may begin now."

After 2 hours...

All the 79 warriors slumped out of the LT, dragging their heavy feet and bruised bodies. Their feelings numbed, morale beaten.

WHAT AN IDIOTIC PAPER.
























Kena SONIC BOOMed.

So difficult!!! T_T Everyone was discussing why it's so tough this year round. All stunned! Nobody even knew how to solve Qns 2b!!!

And I feel very sian, I spent 10% of my brain juice memorising sth which I kinda confirmed it'd come out. I even reminded my friend 15mins before the paper! Which it really did appear, and I actually forgot about it... Damn sian.

Now I only wish there're many many many others who'd do worse than me. HAHA! *evil laughter* (there're several exchange students too... hmm...) After the paper, many people quoted Lippie's famous saying... A voice from above breaks out. (in a deep tone accompanied by solid echo) "Believe in the power of moderation." I certainly hope so... Looks like all my animals and amphibians from australia and argentina are flocking away liao. :(

____________________________________________________

Hmm. wat to talk about now! Let's talk about Enid Blyton!! I didn't know her boooks are so famous, Brunei also has them! LOL!!! I shall dig out more of her books and blog about them ok. HAHA. And all the Secret Seven and Famous Five books!! Also by her!!! Hmm... both gangs have dogs rite? I remember! And I think Secret Seven always has meetings in a tent at one member's house... and they always drink GINGER TEA!!!!

____________________________________________________

Yesterday was discussing about Bookworm with Jx. And I just realised that the characters are modelled according to Singapore context... You see, we have Koku who is Indian, Annie who is Malay, Simone who is Eurasian and Chinese like Samseng and Smarty (is this his name?)!!! Amazing. And the majority are Chinese! Haha. It's so like one of the modules I'm taking this semester - Singapore Society.

I learnt that since young, we have all been brought up and 'educated' and 'cultivated' to the thinking that multi-racial, multi-religious are the ideal policies to a nation's success. Hmm. Is it really the case? Well, it might indeed have seen real prosperity and success in Singapore, but have other problems arised as well? Meritocracy has indirectly brought about the 'kiasuism' and intense competition which so describes Singapore's working environment, there was this recent contest to find "Singapore's Happiest Person''. LOL. Many have also written into the newspaper forums, expressing their own definition of 'happy'. On a frank note - what do YOU really want to achieve in life? What will define your happiness?

Another problem the citizens are concerned about - the influx of foreign workers! I read from the newspapers 2 days ago that we have 30% of foreign workers!!! I was quite shocked at that huge percentage actually. While I do agree that we need skilled workers for construction work, I can't help but notice the increasing number of China Chinese working in coffeeshops and restaurants. Actually I don't have anything against their nationality; I only feel so when as a result of their low standard of English, they can't do their jobs as per required.... On another hand, HEY, our ancestors all arrived from China not too long ago.

___________________________________________________

My next paper is on Wednesday... Singapore Society!!! WAHAHA!!! Don't need too much time to prepare for it... I need some rest this weekend.

I wish I could say 6 MORE DAYS TO USA!!!!

Here are pics from Washington, DC.




Below is the famous Washington Monument in the background... Check out the flawless clear blue sky!

Can you make out what message we're trying to convey here? :D GUESS!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

👓

And so, the inevitable... She was very looking forward to it.