Sunday, May 04, 2008

Iron Man

My friends and I were discussing about Iron Man the other day.

Since we studied Materials for Engineers this semester, it was a hot topic to raise up. Some of the concerns were:

What is the material used to construct it?
- It cannot be Iron (Fe)-alloy, cause will rust easily
- Cu-alloy good for metal-to-metal wear, but not for abrasive wear
- Ti-alloy is good for its high specific strength, i.e. light but provide good strength. However, it is not suitable for elevated temperature usage
- Ni-alloy? Al-alloy?

HAHA. In the end, we couldn't come up with a suitable material.
























Went to watch Iron Man the movie with my sister.

Some of the scenes were indeed familiar. I saw soldering, heating then water quenching, and also things from the module which SONIC BOOMed me today.


SONIC BOOM!! HAHA. Apparently Iron Man could fly at speeds reaching Mach 1. And Sonic Boom could be heard as well. Haha. Interesting!

Well here are my reviews on the movie! I'd give 3.5/5 popcorns. For the occasional movie-goer, you should watch it! For a good movie, go watch an art film instead. But as for me, I love these kinda heroic/superhero stories (think Fantastic 4, Spiderman etc), which is why I enjoyed it very much. But hmm, it is not bad a movie la. With hunks and babes included!

I wanted to watch Funny Games as well. But looks like it's no longer being shown... Next up, SPEEEEEED RACER!!!! My sis so wanna catch it cos Rain's in it. (like...wth...) But I soooo wanna catch it cos it's one of my fav childhood cartoons!!! WOOHOO!!!! Also into consideration, Chronicles of Narnia part 2. Actually I personally felt part 1 was over-rated, I enjoyed the book more...

Anyways... here's the answer to the burning question - What is the material used for Iron Man?!

Gold Titanium Alloy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Done this, done that, yet?

It's 2.57am Tuesday and my mind is still freaking thinking about work and whether my somewhat happy-go-lucky colleague is following up c...