Tuesday, May 13, 2008

The Sunshine at Tuas!


For some reason, the sun at Tuas shines more intensively and brightly than the other parts of the island. During the walk round the shipyard today, my eyes were constantly squinting. And my skin burning. It is HOT.

It is quite like Las Vegas. A tourists' haven converted from what was once a desert, the outside environment is SOOO burning hot, we just feel like hiding in any building and not come out. That explained why my frens and I spent 6 hours playing arcade at LV, instead of going around visiting all the famous hotels, and so we missed the Bellagio fountain show. :( One of the many regrets. Haha. Nevertheless, we all enjoyed ourselves silly! Arhh... the memories...

Other undergraduates are enjoying their Holidays while I'm having my HELLidays... Although I'm not really totally enjoying my attachment now, but when I'm out in the sun, I'll just imagine that I'm at Las Vegas!!! :)







Today we interns took a 'tour' inside a cantilever, which is a part mounted on top of a Jack-up Rig. It is HUGE. and stuffy. and dirty inside. But it was an eye opener. :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Done this, done that, yet?

It's 2.57am Tuesday and my mind is still freaking thinking about work and whether my somewhat happy-go-lucky colleague is following up c...