Monday, January 01, 2007

Happy New Year!!

Let's welcome a new year! A.D 2007!

New year eve was rather plain... I spent most of the afternoon asking Mr-Hero Lip Tong about modules and etc and looking out for modules to take next semester. My timetable is quite packed and there goes my dream of a 4 day week. :(

After dinner, I was very bored and just lied on my bed wondering what to do. Lucky Buzzing Bee buzzed me up, else I would have woken up like 10 plus 11, cursing and swearing myself. Lol. On New Year's eve nobody jio me out... siblings and good friends have their own activities...Feeling bored, I decided to go out for a spin! I'm sure I can entertain myself!

I grabbed my bike and slowly cycled to 900+... then to 800+. Stopped by a photo shop and asked the man to take pics of me, so I can renew my M'sia passport. But unfortunately, I wasn't properly dressed so have to come back tml. So I cycled slowly... to 700+... then to 400+... then along the bridge and reached Pasir Ris! Then I headed to Downtown East... So noisy and boisterous at Escape Theme Park.. So fun and youthful at the chalets... So busy and entertaining at the food courts... So bored and lonely myself... Haiz. I saw a number of makeshift stalls selling 3 cans of spray at $5. LOL. There is a party going on at Downtown East! ^_^ WOOT!

Upon discovery that no entrance fee is needed, I happily joyfully gracefully hopped in, and saw the Superband group Soul performing! What attracted me on TV of them was their dancing. However, this time, I was truly awed by their dancing as well as their singing, as well as their stage presence! Their dancing was still trademark, slick and strong and sharp. Their singing improved tremendously, this despite singing 'live' and dancing along! Their blending of voices and harmonising truly impressed me as well. A number of teenage girl fans screamed in support.














After Soul's performance came the very famous Singapore rock band named I-couldn't-hear-it-properly. Anyway, I'm sure many of u have heard of it before, the lead singer is an albino who has long white hair and dons sunglasses. I almost wanted to leave at this point because I had no interest in rock music.. However, their first song made me stay all the way. They truly changed my impression of a rock concert. The lead singer was experienced, he had this 'rock along wif me baby!' attitude which kept the audience warmed up and hyped up throughout. I was most attracted to the lead guitarist who was so excellent in his fingering, plucking and strumming. However, I didn't think the drummer looked anything like a drummer. HAHA. =P Their songs were all reflective of their beliefs and ideals, and the group was truly enjoying their music, and so were the hundreds below.

After this came Taiwan's singer FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFan Weiqi. Before she came out, to me she was just a very skinny lady with average looks and voice. However when she started singing, her performance really really definitely changed my impression of her. Ok she really is SKINNY. Other than that, her 'live' singing was impressive! And she looked really sweet and pretty! I think it's because some ppl look more photogenic, but she's the opposite, i.e. looks prettier in person than on screen. I think Buzzing Bee belongs to the type like FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFan Weiqi. HAHA. Anyways, her stage presence was really excellent. She hopped from left to centre to right, right to left to centre, waving to her fans, making eye contact, truly professional of her. She even acknowledged her 3 accompanying violinists and brought them into the spotlight too. And most commendable of her professionalism was that, her face was lighted with radiant smiles EVERY SECOND she stood on the stage. Her highly entertaining performance was so enticing, I saw a group of male Indians jumping up and down, screamed and waved as if it was BONO on stage.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFan Weiqi waved and smiled to me! ^_^













Brilliant Fan Weiqi, keep up the good work! =)

Pictures of the number of people awaiting countdown.














After the counting down from 10, singing along to All-Lau-Sai (Auld Lang Syne, I mean) and the dropping of balloons, I went to collect my bicycle and back home...

Happy New Year everyone! Here's wishing a properous and better year for everyone! Hope there will be more love and care around the world! May good people live a healthier happy life, and bad people die a KIRA (think: death note) way!

WORLD PEACE!

No comments:

Post a Comment

👓

And so, the inevitable... She was very looking forward to it.